Zoro x Reader. Bullet in my heart.

-AN-
Warning! This fanfic was made simply because I was in an extremely sentimental mood. So, that in itself, should explain how angst-y and feel-y it'll be. However, enjoy!

Why?

Why?

Why?!

If you loved him so much, then why?! Why did you only ever feel pain? You wanted him to hug you, love you, treasure you... but he didn't. He only used you. To him, you were nothing more than a toy. At least...that's what you thought.

He didn't show it, but he did love you. A lot. And he also wanted nothing more than to shower you in love and sentimentality, but he couldn't. It just wasn't in his nature.

If only he knew that he was driving you away...

Maybe he'd try. Try harder to hold you close, and whisper sweet nothings into your ear that would unknowingly bind the two of you closer. But he didn't. He thought everything would be ok. Boy was he wrong.

The resounding 'bang' of a gun, echoed throughout the Sunny, all those who were asleep, jolted awake. Immediately, everyone broke into action. Neither Nami,nor Robin, noticing you weren't in your hammock.

As the entire crew flooded on deck, what they saw was....indescribable. It was like a scene from a horror movie...

Blood was leaking from your chest, and pooling around your body. The crimson liquid dripped from the corner of your lips. The shining glint of metal in the moonlight was next to draw everyone's attention, and it all clicked as they laid notice to the pistol laying lax in your lifeless palm.

You had taken your own life.

The silence was broken by wails of emotional agony from the swordsman. As well as the sobs of those you called your friends. All evacuated deck, leaving Zoro to cradle your limp body in disbelief. Oh, how the tables had turned. The same thoughts that stalked your mind, transferred to his.

Why?

Why?

Why?!

Why had you taken your life?! Were you in that much pain?!

Tears streamed from his eyes, and onto your emotionless face. Sniffing, he looked down. He knew that the bullet remained within your chest, and in hopes of giving you peace in the next life, he removed it.

As he was about to throw the chunk of metal overboard, he felt something on it. There was an engraving on the bullet. Furrowing his eyebrows, he lifted the small, glinting object within the rays of the moonlight.

And his heart, immediately broke.

There, within plain sight to those who looked, was his name. You had engraved his name into the bullet, before using it. Knowing that you weren't a girl to act without reason, he thought. Wondering why you had-

Oh....

Oh God.....

"OH GOD!"

He cried out, bullet slipping from his fingers as he raised one hand to cover his mouth. The other being flung behind him to brake the fall of his stumbling backward.

You had sent him a message.

You had told him, of how the pain he caused you, was unbearable.

That the pain of his neglecting and ignorance, was on a par with the pain that was caused by the silver object entering your chest.

Even in death, you had spoken to him. You had sent him a message of how he caused you emotional agony...

Of how he, was the bullet within your heart.