𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 36: 𝑃𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐 𝑆𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔

A dull, long-toned bell sounded, signaling the end of class.

Eli gathered his things quickly from his desk. "Eli!" Y/n called out, before Eli could leave the room. But, Eli didn't listen. Instead, he started to quickly make his way to the door.

"Eli, wait!"

Then he was gone.

Y/n has been trying to get Eli to talk to her, but it wasn't so easy. Eli would leave class before her, take the longer routes to class to avoid her, he wouldn't even look her way when she called out to him.

This started to break y/n's heart. But little did she know, it was breaking his too.

He heard her calls, and so desperately wanted to run to her. He wanted so desperately to run into her arms and never let her go. But something was stopping him.

You weren't there to protect her.

You did this.

Y/n thought about the many different ways she could force Eli to talk to her. And she tried some of them, but Eli always seems to get away from her.

She couldn't help but think she had done
something wrong. And she had no idea on how to go about fixing it.

The school day was over, so y/n grabbed her things, and left the last class of the day.

When she walked out of the class and into the school hallway, she continued to look for Eli in any direction possible.

She walked outside the school. Since Uncle Bucky won't let her drive, she has been forced to walk back home.

Walking back home wasn't as fun as it was when Miguel was here. She really missed him, more than she could even explain. Her heart ached every time she turned to tell him something, but he wasn't there.

Miguel still hadn't even woken up, and y/n has been feeling lonely as ever. Sure, she had spoken to Sam, Demitri, and a couple other people. But, none of them are quite like Miguel or Eli.

As y/n was walking the familiar route home, her body stopped walking for a moment. She looked to her right, to see the small, Reseda strip mall where the Cobra Kai dojo is located.

Everyday she would stop momentarily outside the dojo. But, she never walked inside.

That is, until today.

Something clicked inside of her. Suddenly, she didn't care about her Uncle's rules. Suddenly she didn't care if it wasn't good for her. Suddenly she didn't care what could happen.

Her steps became faster and harder as she walked closer and closer to the dojo.

Once she was at the door, she took a deep breath, then stormed inside.

When she entered, many faces turned to look at her. Assface, Rickenberger, Big Red, and others... along with the one face she was hoping to see most.

Eli Moskowitz.

The couple's eyes caught for a moment, before Eli's body tensed, and he turned away. Y/n let out a small angry huff. But then, someone else caught her eye. Someone she really didn't except to see.