Debut partner

"......" = talking
'Abc.....' = telepathic
................ = timeskip

Ariana's pov

"Daddy, I'm worried about my debut coming up."

Athy said with a sign. Claude asked back while slipping his tea.

"What is there to be worried about?"

"What if I made I mistake and people talk bad about me?" Athy continued.

"Then, that'll be their last words."

'It's scary but I'm also a bit touch.'

Athy telepathizes to me but I was too deep in my own thought to answer her.

The debut event was one of my favourite scene in the story. You can see all the main character there expect from lucas. ( this is one of the reason why this part is my favourite.)

I shouldn't forget to find anastasius there. I have to also prevent jennette from meeting with daddy and athy. Of course, the most importance part was to watch daddy and athy dancing. It was such a lovely father-daughter scene.

"I wanna dance with daddy too."

But it's impossible for daddy to dance twice. It's a pity. Let's just forget about this. I slip my tea and when I wasn't deep in thought anymore, I notice that the atmosphere was a little strange.

Why are daddy and athy looking at me like that? Huh? Did I just say out loud that I wanna dance with daddy? Then, It explains the situation righ now.

"It's ok, daddy. I don't mind having my first dance with felix too."

Why did it just sound like a excuse?

"Daddy dislikes things like dancing. So, I don't want daddy to dance twice."

The more I talk, the worse it get. There is too mucn pressure in the room. It's too umcomfortable. I want to run away right now if I can.

"One dance ir two dance isn't that different."

Huh?

"If you want it that badly, I don't having another dance."

No matter how much he love his daughters, is claude the type to do whst he hate not once but twice? Is is serious? Shall I test him?

"I wanna enter the ball holding daddy's hand. I also want daddy to be the first to celebrate us on our 14th birthday and debut."

I said the most pitifully I could.

"I usually don't like that kind of things but I'll make an expectation that day."

Claude mumbles under his breath but I clearly heard him. I was so happy that I speed walk to claude and hug him tightly.

"Really? You can't take it back! Promise me!"

Claude seems surprised at my actions. After all, I stop acting childishly a few year ago. This is the first time in a while. My pink jewel eyes colour tells that I'm extremely happy and excited. My eyes turning full pink is only happen in rare occasions.

 My eyes turning full pink is only happen in rare occasions

".....I promise."

I kiss claude on the cheek once before sitting on my own seat again.

"🎶Hmm..... 🎶hmm....🎶"

Even after having tea with claude, my mood was good until I meet a certain doggy.

"Blessing and glory upon the little suns of the obelian empire."

"Hello!Mister do.i mean duke alpheus."

"Princesses, your debut is coming up soon. Have you chosen who your escort will be?"

I can feel his intentions clearly. Are you planing to use athy and me as your pawn? Must you always be this greedy?

"Yes, daddy accepts to dance with us."

At athy's answer, his expression turns shocked. I can hear his voice shaking,

"His majesty?....both the princesses?"

He asked back as if it's the most unbelivable thing in the world.

"Yes, so we have to go now. We'll havd to pratice dancing more to dance with daddy. Goodbye! Mister."

I leave him like that before he could say another nonsence. Today is a good day. So don't destroy it. Hehe.....

...................

I went to meet jennette once before the debut.

"Your debut is coming near."

"Yes, it is."

Jennette's personality is still unchanging but I can see she has become a little more mature than I firsf met her. She isn't a little girl who just believe blindly in what people said anymore.

"Are you nervous? To meet your family for the first time?"

"...a little. But what iv they didn't accept me."

Now, she can also think like that. Before, shd believes blindly that they'll accept her no matter what.

"It's ok. Because you have me. I'll aceept no matter what you are."

"Hehe....thank you."

.......................

Time really flew first. Before I know it it's already our 14th birthday.

"Happy birthday, princesses!"

There is a small party with lily, felix, hanna and ces. We eat cake, open present and talk happy things.

"Good night, princesses!"

"Good night to you too, lily"

When it's on our birthday, athy and I would eat together that night.

'I had my hope up a little this time.'

When athy telepathizes me, I thought. Claude didn't come to our 14th birthday either. Today is the day diana died. He must be drinking alone in his room again.

"Ah, what do I know?"

Athy tosses and mumble. Then a familar voice come out.

"What did you know?"

We get out of our bed and said,

"You are late!"

"Anyways, let's go see raven and lucy as a birthday gift."

"Good night, lucas."

Athy falls asleep while playing with raven. My lucy has also grown a lot. But...

"I can feel lucy's mana disappearing."

It has been about a year since I start to able to sense mana.

"It isn't disappearing. It is absorbing back into you."

It won't probably be that long until lucy will completely disappear. It 's making me emotional I shoukd think about something else.

"Lucas, you are planning to go somewhere, don't you?"

Lucas gives me a look of 'how did you know?'. I know because I read the webtoon but I can't say that.

"I just know. I know everything."

Lucas gives a look of disguest. This damn...anyways, I should finish what I'm saying.

"Don't go yet. Wait a little longer. If yoj go now, athy will be in danger."

I don't want to admit it but it's true that I'll need lucas to solve the problem.

"Are you joking right now?"

Of course, he didn't believe me but he has to. I make a faint smile and look at lucas in the eyes.

"Did you think I'm joking right now? You also don't want athy to get hurt, right? After all, we are on the same boat."

"So, believe me, lucas."