five

Light flowing in through the blinds covering my window and my alarm blaring next to me break my sleep

Light flowing in through the blinds covering my window and my alarm blaring next to me break my sleep. I smack my hand on the bedside table until the beeping from my phone stops then push myself upright with a yawn, as I look across my room I see Sweet Pea slumped in a chair in the corner sleeping. A frustrated groan escapes my mouth as I realize he sleep there all night. I toss my blanket to the side and step out of my bed then make my way to him.

I shove his shoulder lightly, "Pea, wake up." I say but he doesn't budge, he's always been a heavy sleeper. Again I shove his shoulder but harder this time, "Hey, get up." He takes in a sharp breath as he straightens up, he blinks a few times before he relaxes again, "Why are you still here?"

He runs his hands over his face, "Fell asleep." He says simply.

I roll my eyes, "I gathered that when I woke up and saw you in this chair, I meant why didn't you go home after I fell asleep? I only asked you to stay until then."

Sweet Pea shrugs his shoulders, "I just wanted to make sure you were alright, okay? Are you okay?" He asks.

My gaze drops to the floor, "Yeah, it's just been a little harder with Jughead being around. Especially with him drinking like that. I know he thinks I don't notice but I can tell he's completely sober all the time. I'm worried about him." I admit although it hurts me to do so. I can just see that he's not himself, not completely anyway.

"I'm worried about you." Sweet Pea says, "You been taking your anxiety meds?"

"Of course." I settle back down in my bed and glance at the pill bottles sitting on my bedside table, "Ya know, it feels like ever since we met you've been taking care of me."

He pushes himself up out of the chair and sits next to me, "I like taking care of you." He slips his hand up my back.

"Well, you shouldn't have to, I'm a grown woman. I should be able to handle this shit myself." I whine.

"Isn't that just too fucking bad because I'm gonna take care of you whether you like it or not." He says and a reluctant smile makes its way onto my face. He presses a kiss to the side of my temple causing me to look up at him. Suddenly his hand on my back sends shivers up my spine and my mouth goes dry with the way he's looking at me. He places his other hand on my knee and I can feel him leaning closer. My heart rate picks up and I keep telling myself I should pull away but I don't make any effort to move.

"Hey, Stevie have you seen my- Oh, my bad." Tabitha swinging my door open and then abruptly leaving causes the both of us to jump.

Sweet Pea pulls both of his hands away and clears his throat before checking the watch on his wrist, "I should probably get going. I gotta get to work."

I nod, "Right, me too."

He quickly grabs his jacket and throws it on, "Call me if you need anything, okay?" I nod and he slips out the door.