[R/D]chapter forty six: a new family, a new threat.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly come to my surroundings, the first thing i notice is the feeling of something going on and off of my head, i slowly open my eyes...was i asleep?

"Hm..?"
I hum, a soft chuckle comes from something above me, i look up and see Lady Dimitrescu staring at me, smiling slightly.

"Hello, darling."
Lady Dimitrescu coos, i yawn and raise up.

"Where am i..?"
I ask.

"You had fallen asleep beside me, I've been beside you for most of the night."
Lady Dimitrescu explains.

"Huh...What time is it...?"
I ask.

"The sun had risen hours ago, i had not gone to awaken my daughters yet, I've just been...here, with you."
Lady Dimitrescu says.

"...i don't remember falling asleep."
I mumble.

"You seemed quite tired after your little adventure in the snow."
Lady Dimitrescu brings up.

The blizzard...

'WHERE ARE YOU HIDING?! YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!!'

"Oh yeah..forgot about that."
I say.

"None the matter, i have a surprise for you!" Lady Dimitrescu says, standing up and towering over me again, i stand up as well and stare up at her in curiosity.

"What is it?"
I ask, she smiles and takes my hand again, walking somewhere, i have no choice but to follow.

She leads me to the area that leads to the courtroom, a large dining table with what looks like very comfortable chairs lays in the middle.

"While i had been searching for you, my daughters were up to something, i had not asked what they were plotting until i had come back last night...they had done something for you."
Lady Dimitrescu explains, walking over to the drawn curtains, she pulls them back and reveals that the table is already set...with actual food.

Fruits, vegetables, bread, its all laying about plates...and so is a single chalice filled with what looks lik the thing i had drank when i first arrived last time, i slowly make my way to it and grab it.

"Oh! Careful, that isn't to be touched!"
Lady Dimitrescu warns, grabbing the chalice from me.

"Huh? Why..?"
I ask.

"Its full of a dangerous liquid Mother Miranda concocted to make the day easier...at least for the Lords.
Lady Dimitrescu explains.

"Easier..?"
I repeat.

"This liquid empowers the blessing in our bodies, feeding it a small dose of the megamycite, although it may also be used to shut down a humans internal function by making them ingest it, which is why i beg of you, do not touch it."
Lady Dimitrescu explains.

Blessing? Like the little monster Karl spoke about? Their views on the powers are really different...wait, it stops internal function?? As in your heart??

"O-oh...."
I mumble, Lady Dimitrescu looks at me in worry.

"You seem to be going pale, do you feel well?"
Lady Dimitrescu asks.

"Yeah..."
I say, eyeing the chalice.

...it has to be something else, i would be dead if not, there's no other explanation for it, same chalice, different liquid.

"You must be hungry, help yourself to any of the things you deem to be good, I'll wake up my daughters, im sure they'll be happy to know You're enjoying their surprise."
Lady Dimitrescu says, walking out of the room and sitting the chalice back down.

I take a bread roll and bite into it, its fluffy..but none the less tasteless, i eat it anyways and grab an apple as well, but before i bite into it, my eyes trail back to the chalice...i don't like it being there.

??? POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come in, canine, do you copy??"
I call out, the other end of the line only returns static...the forest is blocking off transmission.

"Damnit.."
I hiss, letting go of the device and strapping it back onto my belt, i finally get out of the graveyard and reach the old house on the cliff.

I spot the particles in the air very quickly...its the same thing that was lurking all over this place when we scanned..i won't be taking off my helmet any time soon.

"This looks abandoned...a perfect hiding spot."
I mumble, sitting down a few straps of tannerite beside the doorway...20 pounds of this can blow a barn sky high, these are packed with 20 each.

I walk into the old house, the door was busted down like whatever was here last was in a hurry to get out...or get in. Light grey streaks that show as a root-like appearance are covering the walls...the same things that were in the lower village.

"The mold seems to be greatly present here..."
I say to myself, walking farther into the house.

Broken dolls surround the place, and dried blood is smeared over some of the wall, i see the elevator torn open, but it looks like it wont go up or down anymore, completely useless.

"Damn."
I growl, turning to my side, i spot something laying on the floor that makes me shiver...a strange doll in a wedding dress laying next to the door, it looks horrific and old...its head is cracked open as well, it looks even older than the house.

I go up the stairs and into a small bedroom, more dolls litter the room, but notes lay on the bed, looking like something was frantically moving them to search for one, i pick up the one with a cursive 'D' on it and open it.

----

Donna, i regret to inform you that a quarrel has yet again broken between Heisenberg and I, i ask of you to please notify me if you see him.

I had made a fair deal and he has still had the audacity to steal my rabbit from beneath my grasp, i know the horrid things he does to humans like them, and i wish for them to be pristine, not manhandled by that oaf.  If you see him with my new Rabbit, please alarm me.

-Dimitrescu

---------

The D stands for Dimitrescu...im guessing the residents of this house were named Donna and Angie, but who is 'Rabbit'...? A code name for a prisoner?

If they were fighting for them, then they must be important...it may be the bioweapon. this Moreau person...he lives at the fishery, i may have gotten a lead to where this thing may be.

The windmill could be at the fishery, it would make sense to need the power...i was going there next anyways.

"Hopefully this will end quickly..."
I mumble, walking down the stairs.

I walk out of the house and wait until I'm at the edge between there and the graveyard to pull out my pistol, shooting one bag of the heavily explosive powder. The rest triggers them all and the house blows into pieces.

"...the BSAA can't hide you for long."
I say, turning and walking into the graveyard again.