Chapter 80: Why I Like Him

August had made his way back to the Ravenclaw common room after saying goodbye to his friends. He was feeling a bit better, but he still felt like shit. He thought he had finally found someone who he could love and trust and have it returned. It hurt him to be wrong. That the person that he thought he was with wasn't really that person and instead was an asshole.

But seeing him makes it better. It's like August completely forgets about Tyler whenever he sees bright red hair enter the room. Even now in the hallway, it made his heart pound in his chest and his body go still.

"Oh, hey Auggie." George greeted, "Are you feeling any better."

August choked on his words, suddenly breathless. Then, tears poured from his eyes, "George...What do you know about me?"

The redheads head tilted a bit and he raised an eyebrow, "What do I know about you?"

"He kept telling me who I am, when in reality, none of it was true. He said he loved me, yet he left me when he lost interest. So tell me, please, what do you really know about me?"

George gave him a soft smile, "I know that when you're focusing on a subject, you stick out your tongue a bit and furrow your eyebrows. You're so terrified of moths that even if you just hear one being brought up you have to check your surroundings. I know that you have a hyper fixation issue to the point where you forget to eat and drink and someone needs to remind you to. I know that despite being in Ravenclaw and one of the smartest people there is, you despise math with every inch of your body. You have a scar on your inner right thigh from when we were little kids and you fell and hit a sharp rock. You're fantastic at making friendship bracelets. I know that you can tell what your feeling just by looking at your eyes. Even though most people think you have brown eyes that match your hair you actually wear colored contacts because you want your little brother to be able to stand out from you. If you don't tie your hair back then you struggle to concentrate because you just want to twirl it in between your fingers all day." He inhaled, then grinned.

"You're also the wittiest, strongest, feisty-est, cleverest, smartest, most patient and caring, optimistic guy I've ever met. It's why you're my best friend." He smiled, and August stood there speechless.

George added, "I could go on if you would like."

August shook his head, then smiled, tears still in his eyes, "Thank you, Lion."

"Of course, Bear."

For a moment, they hugged each other tightly. Had the Weasley not noticed the redness on his best friends cheeks? Well, apparently not, because he did say he was his best friend. August had just been crying, but the reason switched. George had laughed with his brother about how oblivious Epona was with Draco's feelings, yet he never noticed what was right in front of his face.

The two told each other that they'd see each other tomorrow, and August exhaled heavily. He could barely breathe. Even after all these years, he still couldn't get over his feelings for the Weasley twin. He even confessed once and played it off as a joke. He knew George didn't like him the same way, but all August could ever ask for was that they could still be friends. Some people may be wondering how exactly these two became friends, seeing as they didn't know each other before Hogwarts, and aren't even in the same house. Well, here's the story.

A boy with short fluffy light brown hair  and bright blue, about to be brown, eyes stared at the wall of the train station. Two adults stood beside the eleven year old, and next to the mother was a small blonde child with long light blonde hair and blue eyes. They smiled at their older brother, who was nervous.