47 Banter in Bed

* all smut *

"Something wrong?" I ask coyly as I step out, but Lucas gives nothing away.

"No. Not at all." He places his hand on my lower back and walks me to my apartment.

The only sound is from my heels, taking me hopefully to my demise. I peak at him for some clue of what he might be thinking, but he has a flawless poker face on.

"Open." He points his chin at the door, hand still on my back as I unlock.

I step inside. Lucas shuts the door, twisting the metal lock. I hold a shaken breath.

He moves his hand up my spine and fists my hair, pulling my head back.

"Go to the room." He murmurs and shoves me forward. My knees buckle as I stumble down the hall, holding back a wince.

He pushes me in and I quickly turn around, eyes wide on his dark expression as he steps slowly towards me. I shrivel with fear.

What if he's mean. He's big. Not to mention a Marine. I could kick him in the nuts, but still. His punch would probably kill me.

His eyes soften as he breaks the distance. He bends his knees to my level and kisses me, as if not to startle me, as if I'm a fragile thing. It makes me sigh in relief.

He grabs my legs and scoops me up, wraps them around his waist. Kisses me like that, comforts me like that, for as long as I need.

I finally come back to my awesome self and realize Lucas is just a very tall and strong dog who would never hurt me. No. Not a dog. A palm tree. And I'm a squirrel climbing it.

"Lucas... can we lie down? It's kind of cold up here." I say and laugh at his unamused face.

He carries me to my bed and tosses me on it. I bounce back, hiding my smile behind my fingers as he gets on top of me.

"Enjoying yourself?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Take your jacket off." I say and he obeys like a good boy. "And your shirt."

He removes his shirt, staying in black jeans that hang low on his narrow waist. I bite my lip, staring at his muscles and beaten up face.

"What?" He asks and I sit up with a grin.

"I'm imagining you had a fight with a hundred men to defend my honor, but instead of going to the hospital to save yourself, you came back to make love to me, because I'm your medicine." I say it all in one breath.

"Really..." He chuckles and I crash our lips, showing him who's in charge. He grabs the back of my thighs and yanks them, dropping me on my back, winning this one time.

"Don't you want to put on some music?" I arch my neck as he trails his lips.

"Shut up." He's so romantic.

He grunts with disapproval as I giggle and drives his hips forward, sobering me up.

But if we play music, the chances of him hearing my stomach growl will be lower. Plus it'll muffle my sounds.

I push him off and army crawl to my bedside table.

"What are you doing?" He asks incredulously as I lay on my stomach and unlock my phone.

I pick a Spotify playlist with eggplant and evil emojis, cackling to myself. I'm about to tell him I'm setting the mood when he grabs my hips and flips me on my back.

He growls quietly, yanks my skirt up, and moves my panties aside with his teeth.

"Oh God..." I whimper as his warm and wet tongue licks me slowly. My head rolls back and my breaths get heavy.