N. Kugisaki - Monkey Gerard

(Cute cat I saw today. Appreciate it you motherfuckers.)

As you stare at the curse in front of you, you realize that maybe it's pointless to continue your jujutsu training.

There's no point in putting yourself through the frankly demoralizing task of killing a monster that repetitively repeats the word "coat" until it's foaming at the mouth. It's awkward, and utterly gross.

You've put up with it so long, but it's becoming a bit too much.

"C'mon~" You whine, flailing the weapon in your hand. The curse seems to grow louder at your complaint, advancing almost hesitantly. "You're giving me a headache. If you want to kill me, make it quiet."

Kugisaki laughs from behind you, sitting on a step leading up to a big warehouse. The location was just outside the main city bustle, so despite there being big towering buildings, it was pretty obsolete.

You look back to give her a begging look, gesturing at the curse. "I can't even do this anymore! I keep getting these shitty missions and the target moves like a fucking snail."

"Sorry, Y/N. Just make quick work of it so we can go on our date. That's the only reason I came, y'know?"

"Sorry, your highness," you turn to bow at her, lifting your head to smirk in her direction before spinning back around to face the curse. You bend at the waist slightly, pushing one of your legs back and propelling yourself forward with as much force as you can manage.

The curse moves pathetically, raising its slimey arms up in a defense move. It's useless, and you easily twist your body to avoid it, getting in close and slashing your weapon down the chest of the curse. To finish it off, you cut off the head as it falls, blood spraying from the wound while it collapses limply.

You hop backwards quickly, stabilizing yourself a few feet away from the disolving corpse.

"I'm glad none of that got on me, I would look insane," you mutter, dusting off the front of your shirt and walking over to where Kugisaki still perches. Her chin is in her palm, a bored look on her face.

"That was quick," she says, standing up and propping her hand on her hip. "I like it when you give me more of a show."

"You told me to go fast, and now you want a show? Pick your ideals, damn."

Instead of replying, she punches your shoulder, a shit eating grin growing on her features.

"What's that look for?" You ask.

"Oh nothing. Now let's go."

You frown in confusion, letting her grab your hand and pull you along to the destination. The plan was to go to the nearby festival, but it's not like there's any rush. Catching up to her side, you lace your fingers together and watch as her cocky smile falls into something more calm and sweet. She doesn't look at you, but the way her fingers tighten around yours tells you enough.

"Do you wanna look around at the games first or just stop somewhere for lunch?" You ask, squinting away from the sun and swinging your clasped hands.

She purses her lips, thinking. "Lunch first. There's a really good place on the outskirts of the festival."

"Well aren't you educated."

"Hey, I did my research," Kugisaki retaliates, shoving your shoulder with her own. "I wanted to know if it was even worth it."

"Nah you just wanted to bring me on a good date~"

"Ugh, you're so gross."

You laugh, noticing the way she looks at you kindly before rolling her eyes and pretending to be annoyed. You love the girl, but she really needs to accept her feelings sometimes.