thirty-six - you

when i'm with you,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|'Fuck, you really went and did it this time, didn't you?'

"I-" Your eyes were enlarged to the biggest size as the reality of what you just did kicked in.

"I'msOsoRRYididn'tmEANTo!!" You sucked in a breath. "Youprobablydon'tevenfeelthesamewayId-"

Another kiss. This time, deeper. Much deeper. Lips moving together upon contact, with the very feeling of affection.

And then, silence as he retracts. After, realisation - the last kiss wasn't initiated by you.

He had pulled you closer. Yes, him.

"Wha-" Your words stopped midway when you met his eyes, that very pair which you first fell in love with.

"I'm sorry too." He blinked. "I just-"

"Sorry. I couldn't contain myself." He looked away.

"I..." You were at a loss for words. What just happened was over in an instant - you didn't even remember half of it.

But the feelings from moments ago still lingered, clinging and tugging at your heartstrings the most that they could.

Two beings, both knee-deep in the sensation and mere feelings of love, almost to the point where it felt like ecstasy of sorts. The both of you weren't willing to admit it, but you could both feel it. The amount of emotion you held in your hearts for the other, the amount you wanted to be together with each other, every single second of the day.

Every. Single. Moment.

But you knew that could never happen. What's to make of two who want so very badly to walk their own path with each other, but have separate fates decided at the hands of the red threads? Their very destiny?

Is it even possible to fall in love with someone whose red string of fate isn't tied or connected in any way to yours, ultimately?

Who knows?

"I'm sorry. This is my fault." Yuki muttered, hands rubbing both of his eyes. "Now it's really hard to leave, isn't it?"

"I still have to go, anyway. I'm sorry. I don't deserve to be forgiven. Maybe I shouldn't even find you now." He then laughed, the dry sound foreign to your ears. "Who am I kidding? I probably won't even get to escape her, of all things."

He then gave you one final look in the eye, his own already devoid of emotion.

"Goodbye."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

is it a dream or truly reality?

words: 404 (error, again. truly an error.)
published: 10/07/2021