2. Who. Are. You?

You slowly blink sleep out of your eyes after being shaken awake.

"Wake up," someone harshly says. This jolts you awake and you quickly sit up. Who was in your house?

You look around and don't see anything you recognize. An expensive and unnecessarily large television, and the leather couch you're sitting on that definitely isn't made of pleather.

A snap in front of your face brings you out of your shock. "Hey, I'm talking to you. Who are you? And how did you get in here?"

You finally take a look at the person who was in your house—or the person who owns the house you've woken up in. It's... Robert Downey Jr?

Before you could respond Chris Evans walks into the room.

Did you somehow end up on a marvel set? "I am so sorry, I don't know how I got here. I'll just leave," you say standing up off the couch, but Robert pushes you back down.

"Uh uh uh, you don't get off that easy. Right now you are threat number one. Who. Are. You?"

"Tony, what's going on?" Chris says, his posture getting more defensive.

"Tony?" you ask.

"Yeah, that's my name, if you didn't know. But you probably do, given the fact that you've, I don't know, broken into my tower," he scowls.

"I... Where am I?"

"New York, look around bud. There are windows everywhere."

You look more closely at Robert and see a glowing blue on his chest. The arc reactor? "Tony Stark? You're Tony Stark?"

"That's what it says on my birth certificate. Now enough with the questions, who are you?"

"I'm Y/n L/n," you answer, looking around some more. Some part of you is beginning to think this isn't a set, but the rest of you is reluctant to believe so.

"FRIDAY? Run that name, find out who they are, where they're from. Anything you can grab a hold of, I want it," Robert says staring at you.

"Yes sir," an irish voice responds from seemingly nowhere which makes it finally click.

"This is a dream, it must be," you say pinching your arm. It's never worked before, but right now you don't know what else to do. "I must have had too much caffeine before bed and now i'm having a creepily realistic dream. That's all. This isn't happening."

Before Chris or Rob- Steve or Tony could acknowledge that you were talking to yourself, six more people pour into the room. The loudest are Sam and Bucky.

"I would crush you in a pancake eating contest, don't even try me."

"Oh yeah? We can test that theory if you'd like, because I don't think you could stand a chance against my appetite."

"Alright you two, stop flirting. Or the 'I am clearly the better option for Rogers' pissing contest. Whichever it is. It's gross and Bucky and Steve are already dating," Rhodey says massaging his temples.

"Polyamory does exist ya know," Pietro says zooming past, heading towards the kitchen. Wait, Pietro?

"I'm 95% sure this isn't real, so there's really no point in me asking, but you guys are actually the Avengers and not actors?"

Tony glares at you before answering, "Yes."

"Wait, what did I miss?" Clint says, with his mouth full of bacon.

"An intruder," Steve responds bluntly, still staring at you with his arms crossed. This makes Bucky stop making his plate of breakfast and cross the room to stand next to Steve.

"Sir I could find nothing on a 'Y/n L/n'" FRIDAY announces.

"Alrighty, there we go," Tony claps. "To the holding cell you go. Fury can deal with you later." Tony steps towards you, Rhodey coming over to help him in case you tried to get away.

You put your hands up in surrender, "Wait, wait! I can prove that I'm not an intruder!"

"Nope, I don't want to hear it. You can tell Fury later."

Steve steps over and puts his arm out to stop Tony from advancing towards you. "Tony let them talk."

"Fine," Tony groans.

"You have five minutes," Steve says turning to face you. 

"This is going to sound unbelievable, but I'm from a different universe in the multiverse. One where all of you are characters in movies, and comic books," you look around to see who's on the room. Your eyes land on Wanda. "Wanda! You can look into my mind right? You can verify what I'm saying."

She doesn't answer and looks to Steve for guidance. He nods his head.

"Go ahead, I trust you," you assure.

Red mist flows from her hands and floats around your head. Memories of watching the movies flash through your head. It stops for a split second more on when Pietro got shot and when Vision died.

"They're telling the truth," Wanda says sounding a bit winded. There might be tears in her eyes, but she's too far away for you to be sure.

Steve and everyone else seems to relax a bit, but Tony isn't so sure.

"Are you okay?" you ask. "He's okay, Wanda. You're all safe."

She goes to answer but the rest of the team walk in, so she just nods with a small smile.

"Good morning friends!" Thor announces and claps his hands. Behind him Bruce, Vision, a very tired looking Nat, and Loki trail behind.

"Thor, you're an amazing guy, but if you don't lower your voice, I will punch you." Nat threatens.

"Sorry," Thor whispers.

"Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Clint teases, which earns him a slap him on the back of the head from Nat. "Ouch!"

Nat heads straight to the coffee maker and pours herself a cup of black coffee and downs it. "I hate mornings." She pours another cup but drinks this one normally.

"Who's the new person?" Loki announces, bringing the attention to you again.

"Y/n, they broke in this morning," Tony answers bitterly.

"I did not 'break in' Tin Can, I just magically woke up on your couch."

"Oh, so you're insulting me now? I see how it is, burglar."

"I prefer the term adventurer, but beggars can't be choosers," you sigh.

"They're good," Nat shrugs and goes back to drinking her coffee, which she ignored as she stared you down during that whole exchange. This relaxes Tony down more.

"You're amazing- I mean, uh, thank you," you stutter out. Nat smirks and then finishes her coffee.

"Moving on," you awkwardly cough, trying to change the subject. "What year is it?"

"Odd question, but it's 2019," Bruce kindly answers.

"So, Earth didn't get invaded by, um, Thanos?" You see Loki tense up at his name.

"No, we were able to avoid him thanks to Dr. Strange. They had a whole space battle thing. Thanos agreed to leave Earth alone if we didn't try and use the time stone against him again," Sam answers.

"Gotta love that man," you answer dreamily falling back on the couch.

-

a/n: it's so hard to slowly create the relationship between the avengers and y/n because i'm so used to writing them as besties because of "hello?"