♔ Chapter 3

— Continuation: Bite The Hand That Feeds You Part 4

• declaration of war (two months later) •

It has already begun. The War Declaration. I grabbed my cloak and stormed out of my home, in a rush, but it gave me the creeps. Someone will die in this attack, and I'm getting up early because I'll be the one to sneak into Zinghast territory. My old homeland will receive me once more. I may foresee the future, but all I know is that we're winning, that the Wheassainian soldiers will commit the victory, and that no Wheassain individuals will be harmed. But I already know who will perish today.

As I emerged from my bed, I saw Captain leaning against the cold stone wall adjacent to my room. I smirked, I said, "Toya, good morning. Are you ready to go to war? But wait, there's more. I just noticed how early you get up."

"The others are still awake, stupid. They're getting ready as well, but before you go, I'd like to warn you that you must not do something stupid or you will hurt yourself. Keep an eye on your surroundings; everyone will return alive and unharmed. Make a promise to me!"

"I can't say it to you, but it applies to you all. Please take care of yourself, Risen Demons. When it comes to expeditions, you're also playing dirty, so don't put me to the test. I predicted that we would win and that no one would be hurt or killed, but allow me to add this.."

I didn't realize all of the Risen Demons soldiers were here, and I couldn't help but mumble it rather than say it out loud. "I already know who among us will die."

"What did you say? We can't hear you, Sergeant Chaney.", the others agreed. I just grinned, that's all I can just do.

"Nothingg, I just said, and unless the Captain says so, don't fight dirty. So, I'm going to leave right now. Mates, I'll see you all in the Klupnard partition. I'm leaving now, bye!"

When I got further away from them, "Please accept my apologies in advance. Please don't kill me twice in the future. Toya, I promise I'll track you down in the next life. Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you."

• Zinghast District Arc •

I'm glad this revolver is soundproof now that I'm in here. One of the perks of becoming a Sergeant in Wheassain's military Corps is the ability to shoot bullets without making a whistle. I've decided to destroy the innocent people in every corner and home they're in, and I'm going to make sure that only the Zinghast military survives in this District. I'll leave the Royal Blood dead, I'll go about my business quietly murdering the individuals, and my presence around the Zinghast will be concealed. And how the hell did they not realize their villagers were already dead? It's clear that it's quieter than normal right now. Dumb. Dumb as hell.

"Is the Royal Bloods now gone, Clone 1? If your assigned missions have already been completed, clones will return here. Let's move on to Plan B."

They were as fast as lightning when they returned from the Zinghast's partition; "We're heading to the Zinghast's Military Area as Plan B. Let's keep our identities hidden as soon as we arrive, locate Doc Lithgen, and notify me as soon as you find him. That's what there is to it, clones."

Riddle was unexpectedly present when we arrived in front of the Military's Ward. "Hello, Riddle. I just wanted to let you know that the Wheassain Military is planning to forge the Declaration of War. They'll fight a colonial war, and the Declaration of War was merely a ruse to take advantage of the Zinghast military's folly."

"Okay, I'll make sure Doc is aware of the situation. Thank you for helping us sneak in the Wheassain Military; we owe you a debt of gratitude. You will now be able to enjoy your independence."

"Oh, and while we're on the subject of him, where has he gone? I just want to speak with him, if you don't mind accompanying me. I'm going to tell him about Privafectio Astuses serum and its components."

"Commander Chaney, I will happily assist you to his office. Please stick with me.", I quietly followed him into Doc Lithgen's office after he saluted me as he opened the door for me. When we arrived, I expressed my gratitude to him.

"Oh my damn walls, Commander Chaney, I'm surprised you're already here. Welcome back to Zinghast!", he welcomed me with a hug as he approached me.

tbc..