♔ Chapter 9

—Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 5

Khaleada was in a hurry, so she took a different path, not only to avoid getting herself into trouble, but also to keep Iliana safe. She must be unaware of Khaleada's capabilities. Is there a reason why she keeps it to herself and her mother only? As she had expected.. She entered a street where the majority of offenders would be visible or in view, as well as a peaceful and secluded location. She went straight into her massive killing spree mode, drawing both swords on her sides and scanning the entire street, as if expecting something or someone to fight alongside her.

"Motherfucker, don't hide behind my back while you're trying to pounce on me. Kragos Lehner, go out there and fight like a professional.", Khaleada said boredly as she waited for him to chase her down. "Oh wow, how scary~", Khaleada sarcastically said as she rolled her eyes in irritation as Kragos appeared in front of her, aiming the gun at Khaleada's forehead.

"Is it true that you have a death wish, kid? If you have any final thoughts? I'm sure that you were unaware that I'd arrived with my own team. What are your plans for the time being? Are you pleading for assistance? You can't do anything right now, you worthless scumbag.", Khaleada just rolled her eyes because she'd known since the beginning of the planning that they'd be watched. That's why she didn't say anything about their scheme, and she's probably aware that her mother, Kailey, is aware that they're being watched as well. After all, they're mother and daughter for a reason.

"Oi oi oi oi.. Did you all know who you were speaking with? Otherwise, it would be for naught. Every trick and scheme you've devised will be for naught, awful efforts you've been planning all week. The best advice I can provide is to leave this District and return to Oniochester."

"You're a 15 year old girl named Khaleada and a Risen Demons military cadet. You're just a waste of time and a dirty warrior.", as he closed the gap between his gun and her forehead, Kragos said.

"Is that all you've learned so far? This is not what I expected from a skilled spy; Mister Lehner, you're terrible at collecting information about your target. Why are you already in that high spot if you're terrible at all a spy needs to be good at?"

"You seem to be tougher than I expected, kiddo. Let's see how long you can hold on.", he ordered his comrades to take both of her hands and handcuff her. Khaleada was unconcerned, and she allowed the flow to proceed unhindered. They took her swords away so she couldn't threaten someone from Kragos' team, but Khaleada didn't even react when he slammed his gun into her forehead.

As Khaleada waited for him to shoot her, he began to click his rifle. When Robin, one of Kragos' squad, saw Khaleada with a calm, or more possibly, expressionless face, he looked perplexed. Robin sensed an unusual amount of tension coming from her and attempted to alert Kragos. "Hey there, Kragos. This girl must be up to something. Let's keep a safe distance from her."

"Are you afraid of this young little lady?! Weisman, are you serious? Man, you've got to tough it out.", Kragos slapped his teammate in the face.

"Says the one who isn't as tall as me.", when Khaleada said that, which is true, he's not quite as tall as she is, she was slapped hard on the back. The enemy's entire squad keeps their mouths shut because they don't want to get hit like that. There was this thing Khaleada created for herself, which she simply called Countdown, to remind her when she was about to go berserk.

It's a form of technology, but it's shaped as a bracelet, and she still wears it when she goes so she can stop herself from doing something she shouldn't be doing. It counts indefinitely, but the dilemma was that if she went totally crazy, it might crash her hand at any moment, causing her to lose her hand forever. Yes, it tightens its hold on her if she becomes enraged.