♔ Chapter 10

— Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 6

• general meeting •

They all arrived at the meeting, sat down, and immediately stared at Kailey, who was in front of them. "Sergeant Kailey, what are we going to do now? What was the plan, exactly? Is it likely that we will invade another District?", she inquired as she turned her gaze to General Mcmillan.

"As a result of Khaleada's conduct. We have to play our dirty game. We won't be invading or killing innocent civilians; instead, we'll fight outside of our Districts. Khaleada and I were going to be the baits as we both invaded the Oniochester District, and I'm sure they were on the lookout for us for various reasons.", Harrison was both disappointed and perplexed by Kailey's words, so he got up from his seat and slammed his hands on the table, making him seem pissed off.

"As if I'd allow you to sacrifice yourself once more. At this stage, I can lose you and Khaleada at any time, so stop acting like a decoy! Simply battle alongside us; we don't need to fucking invade the useless District; instead, let's teach them a lesson for spying on us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We all know I can't afford— no, we can't afford— to lose both of you. Don't let them down because you were their last hope."

"My, my~ We've all gathered here for an important meeting, not to watch a family reunion quarrel, as I recall.", Captain Wemeres received a death stare from Kailey and the others. "And, as I recall, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN FUCK AND WE DON'T NEED YOUR OPINION HERE. So you're free to leave now if you don't want to help with this mission.", Kailey said solemnly.

"Anyway, Sergeant Chaney, if you don't mind my interrupting, why did you mention that you and your daughter were the main targets here in this situation?" asked General Mcmillan.

"We were the primary targets in this situation because... First and foremost, when Khaleada was only eight years old, she suddenly mass murdered one of Oniochester's towns, killing half of their military's high ranks as well as all of the innocent civilians in a single blast. Second, when they learned that she was my daughter and that we weren't gone, everything went to hell."

Colonel Rodgers' opinion, which made the other high ranks laugh out loud, was: "I'm 100 percent confident if Khaleada encounters Captain Wemeres, she'll blow her rage on his face as well."

Iliana stormed into the conference room with the weapons she grabbed from Kailey's house as visible tattoos of tears on her cheeks and some on the verge of tears in the middle of their conversation about the plans and tactics to do. Her knees fell to the wooden floor as she sobbed more louder than before, "Kailey, I'm sorry. Please accept my sincere apologies, Harrison. Please don't rush to forgive me; I deserved to be despised; hit me and torment me till your rage subsides. I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to protect Khaleada from the Oniochesters."

"Lieutenant Ellis, would you mind explaining what happened to her? What happened to both of you earlier?", General Mcmillan casually asked her, and Iliana simply nodded and saluted before proceeding to answer the questions.

"She appears to have been cornered by those spies in a remote location, yet s-she's so cool! I could sense her fury strain as she— burst and killed the spies' back-up colleagues.. I was ready to dash towards the battle before the explosion happened when she stopped me and told me that I needed to get further away from where they were. I also noticed a device she was wearing that caused the e-explosion.."

Except for Kailey, they were all taken aback when they discovered Khaleada was to blame for the loud explosion that occurred earlier when they were in the middle of a discussion. While the others were still discussing what Iliana stated earlier, Iliana accidentally took a peek at Kailey and she didn't seem problematic, worried, or concerned to her own kid. Harrison, on the other hand, they have no idea what he's experiencing right now because they can't read him. It was simply so difficult.