12 - The Real One

Damon is the unacknowledged son of an Alpha from the North, one of the elders of the Wolf council. Yes, I know that much. I have seen him once but I doubt if he recognized me. He's a troublemaker, i guess that was one reason why his father does not accept him as his own. And now he claimed to be the Alpha Rogue, with his Rogue wolves soldiers, demanding to take control of Chase's pack in exchange of who? Me? This is funny. I cannot help but giggle.

"What are you laughing at?" My handler/captor asked. Yes, I did not escape. After careful thinking, I knew that any option will lead to the same result, except that if I escape, I'll be doing most of the work. That I am too lazy to do.

"I think you got the wrong person to hostage." But I am still in the mood to play a game.

"huh?" I got their attention.

"Shut up, human!" The unnamed fool tightened his grip on my neck. Certainly earning a growl from my... partner, who had the gut to show himself to "save " me. His pack and Damon's are face to face. Attempting a negotiation that surely will fail.

"Let her talk." Damon ordered.

"Yes, Alpha Rogue." This guy's submission is even funnier.

"What is it, love?" He said half facing me.

"That person (Chase) clearly hates me, he rejected me. He might just be here for his pack and ego."

That made Damon laugh. He walked towards me, lifting my chin. I can see his dark eyes, dark as the darkest night. "You know, I kind'a like you. Maybe I will keep you, the Alpha wouldn't mind, right?" He then turned to Chase, who wears a ... pint of regret. This is ridiculous.

"Hmmm... Oh no, he wouldn't." I answered amused. What are you gonna do now, my dear partner?

Hesitant, but he stepped forward. "I.Will.Not.Let.You.Take.My.Mate." He emphasized each word. Oh, bummer.
"Well, well, well, looks like somebody wants his candy back."

"Shut up, pup!" Chase yelled with authority in his voice. Earning him several growls and barks, even from Damon. Oh, he hated that word.

"You dare call me that?!" He clicked the right switch, his canines are extending.
I glanced one more time to Chase, coldly, giving an I don't care look. And his hard expression shows that he remembered what I said about not caring whatever that's about him.

"You will regret calling me that!" Damon stepped forward. "Attack them!" And the rogues run forward, growling, howling, fighting. Chase stood forward and started defending and attacking, while the others followed.

And I sighed. Closing my eyes feeling the moon light upon my skin. Killing has been their way out, only with deaths can satisfy the body. It is a harsh way but sometimes killing is the only answer.
Opening them, I witnessed Damon looks at this direction, as if... giving an order. Then returned on brawling. The grip of my handler loosens for a second because of his mind processing the info and I took that opportunity to move sideways putting my weight on his, his hand on my throat loosens a bit and so, I banged my head on his and when he's backing away, I stepped sideways and rolled a kick to him. A thud. Well, that was easy. I felt my throat, I might have to wash thoroughly, his filth stuck on me. Eew.

Someone's charging towards me, I stepped sideways. And he run through. Looking behind him, to me, annoyed. His claws extended and charged again, I stepped back, then swing my hand to hold his wrist and kicked him in his torso. He flew... there...

"Tsk. Filthy."

I scratched my knees, I don't like it here.
I think I saw a comfortable looking tree back here. I slowly stepped away from the chaos. I reached a tree and climbed up. Taking in the view of the surroundings. Nobody paid much attention on me, meaning they were really focused on subduing the enemy in front of them.

They are in war. I don't get involve with matters like this. Last time I got myself to a bloody mess, and I have to spend summer in school works. And I would say, that was frustrating. I searched for Chase, I don't get how I find him in this mess but I did. Well, I kinda know. He always stands out. He is pretty occupied with Damon, Still in human form but his eyes is scanning the area. Searching... for me. But his, met Damon. Both eyes locked at each other. Both Alpha quite strong, still staying in human form but knowing that they have seemingly equal power in that form the only way to know who is stronger is no other than to shift.

They lunged at each other shifting in mid air. One is midnight black the other is greyish black, Damon showing he is not a pure mix of a mates bond. They clawed each other, pouncing. But Chase was the one who fell back with blood from his side. The one is determined to kill, while the other worried for his mate, and with divided attention, a mistake is more probable. I sighed. Chase's furious look is broken with his wandering thoughts. I know how to read people when I am into it.

I sighed. I am his weakness afterall. I jumped off the tree with a soft thud. My breath is cold, as I am. I picked up a rock and threw it at Damon. It was not that hard, just a poke. I gave off my scent to get Chase's attention. I was not into this war so I hid it well in the trees. Chase immediately found me. Damon faced me. And Chase run up to cover me from Damon.

"Oh, come on." I internally groaned. I walked past Chase, he was nudging me to stay still. I reached for his fur and reminded of fluffy clouds. Yeah, I have a thing with them. Electricity from the touch made a fair share to take him aback.

"Stop this." I coldly said to Damon.
He just growled at me not wanting to hear an order from a lowly human.
"I don't want to repeat myself." But he stand unfazed.

I heaved a sigh. This is the inevitable result. I look at his eyes. I know he saw it. My eyes glinting red.

He stepped forward, but shifted in the process.

"Those eyes." He whispered. Now, does he recognize me? I felt Chase beside me still in wolf form, confused.

But my eyes were on Damon, with the chaos as his background.

"Order them to stop." Damon narrowed his eyes.

"Both of you." I know Chase is looking at me now, but I don't want to return the same.

"Now." I warned through gritted teeth.
He nudged me and I blinked to try calm myself. I shook my head reminded of the chaos around me. An Alpha trying to rescue his mate and an Alpha claiming to be... a king.

I bit my lip. "I don't mind killing everyone." It started off as a whisper but both have heard it. Damon laughed. Chase is more likely confused.

"I can and I might." I said with each word of patience I could muster.

"I like you love, but that is insanely out of bounds. Now step back or I MIGHT hurt you."

"Hurt me?" I said stepping forward. "Try and die." I growled. His eyes were surprised and in panic, he remembered my threat when we first met. But he surely hold a grudge against me. He made a drastic move and attacked, or was about to, because he is kneeling in front of me, my hand in between his neck and shoulder.

I fully loosened my hide and let my scent reeks in the air. I felt everybody stopped. I don't go around giving my scent, the real one. But I am kinda pissed if not obvious.

"The Alpha Rogue." I heard whispers and disbeliefs.

"You're right I am insane." I said putting much pressure on Damon's body. My aura is making it impossible for him to move. "I was thinking you would run away from this war but I guess Alphas are Alphas."

"Thalia. Don't..." but before he could finish, Damon's heart stopped beating on my grasp. A soft thud as his body lies on the cold earth.

"Go back to wherever you came, I am no Alpha to a rogue or anyone." I warned. And there were runnings and whimperings. And the rogues run off.

I noticed the blood dripping from my hand, splashed to my shirt, and to my face.

"Thalia."

I turned to Chase who is now in human form.

"Now, tell me do you like me?" I whispered. Suddenly sleep is too good to jump into, and I felt my eyes closed. I don't really care where I sleep, it's really hard to find it, I felt my knees falling and before I fully closed my eyes, I felt the electricity all over me.

-----
Was it too obvious?