01 - Neglected

Alora's Pov:

I was sitting in my room all alone, it was my 6th birthday.. it was October 9th, and my family forgot all about me. Everything has always been about Hope.. my better and prettier sister. Everyone has neglected me my whole life.. my sister gets everyone's attention and none of my family cares about me. The only one who actually talks to me is Marcel. Marcel is the only father figure and family I have.. today he snuck into my room and gave me my favorite flowers along with the one thing I wanted.. he said happy brithday to me.

My whole family is downstairs celebrating Hopes birthday.. I've never understood why they hate me. I've done nothing wrong and I'm always kind. Well happy 6th birthday to me. I could feel tears building up so I went to my shower and turned it on.. I didn't want anyone to hear me crying.

Klaus Pov:

I'm downstairs with my whole family celebrating Hopes birthday. "How do you feel little wolf.. to be a year older?" Hope smiles.. "Good." Everyone smiles down at her but then Marcel enters the room, "Hey where's Alora?" I mentally slapped myself, I could tell everyone forgot about her. "I think she's in her room." Hayley said and Marcel looked at her confused, "Why is she upstairs, instead of down here with her family?" All of us shrugged.

Once Marcel leaves I look down.. "We haven't been including Alora in anything... today is her birthday to." Rebekah said. "We need to start paying more attention to her.. she is just as much apart of this family.. as everyone else." Elijah said.. to which we all nodded in agreement. I then heard the shower go on so I knew Alora was getting in, I felt so guilty.. I've neglected my 6 year old daughter all her life.. and I promised at birth that I would always be there for her and Hope.

Alora's Pov:

After my 6th birthday my family actually talked to me... it was all good until someone attacked my family and I ended up killing them in front of Hope. Hope said that she killed the attacker so she was pitied and everyone threwntheir attention on her. I was the one suffering and was going to be the one in pain on the full moon. When the full moon rose.. my family figured out that Hope was lying but still, no one comforted me or even got Hope in trouble for lying.. instead they yelled at me for not letting Hope save the day when the attacker was there.

I went through the full moon all by myself and a little help from Marcel. After that I realized that I couldn't trust any of my 'family.' I'm now 10 years old and it's been 4 years since that horrific experience. I'm now a hybrid, -witch and wolf- I don't really know how to control or learn magic because my aunt Freya and Davina spend all their time teaching Hope magic. I just wish that one day they pay attention to me and not Hope.. I know it's selfish but don't I deserve it? Well I guess not.

I then walked downstairs and seen my entire family downstairs watching a movie... I sighed and walked towards the front door. Before I could leave I heard footsteps behind me.. "Where do you think your going young lady?" My mom asked sassily. I completely ignored her and continued walking. "Don't you ignore your mother Alora!" My father 'Klaus' yelled. I ignored him and tried to walk but someone grabbed my wrist in an iron grip. "I'm talking to you!" Klaus yelled when I turned around.. I seen my entire family looking at me with anger.

"What do you want Klaus?!" I said before I got to say anything else I felt a stinging pain on my face and my head snapped to the side.... did my dad really just slap me? I had tears streaming down my face..  it hurt so bad, I brought my hand up to my face and held my cheek in my hand, I looked at my 'father' and saw soo much regret and sadness in his eyes.. "A-Alora I'm sorry!" I looked at him with tears streaming down my face and ran to my room. He broke his promise. He promised me that he would never lay a hand on me and not be like his father. But he's much worse.