Chapter 10.2

" C'mon Ariel ! You fly so well ! you will make it" Vedika whined .Today was the day for the Gryffindor Quidditch team tryouts . There were only two spots left on the team - A Chaser and a Seeker . Vedika liked Quidditch , but she preferred to watch from the stands . Vedika knew how good of a Flyer Ariel was , and so, she was determined to make her tryout for the team .

" But I-" Ariel began

"No ifs and buts Ariel ! You are trying out and that's final !" Vedika said . Ariel would have argued in any other situation , but she knew that she would have lost in this one.

" Uhhh-Fine " Ariel huffed .

Vedika did a little victory dance and started dragging Ariel by her wrists . In no time , Ariel found herself standing on the Quidditch pitch , an old school broom in her hand and her hair braided neatly .

"Okay everyone ! over here !" A voice called out . Ariel recognized it as Oliver Wood's . Ariel , along with the others trying out for the team , headed towards where Oliver Was standing .

"Now.......The spots we have are for Seeker or Chaser ....So , if you are here for neither of them , you may want to clear out " Oliver said . A few students groaned in annoyance and cleared out , mumbling incoherently under their breaths.

"Now.......Let us start with Chasers " Oliver said . Almost all people in the group , including Ariel , gathered around where Oliver motioned them too . Only two boys , one of them being McLaggen and the other being Kirke were left out since they were trying out for seeker .

" So ........First , we have to check your speed and your flying skills . I want you all to mount your brooms " Wood said . Once everyone had mounted their brooms , he continued-

"Now, At the count of three, I want everyone to kick off from the ground and complete three rounds around the Quidditch Field . The first 4 people to reach right back here will be then further tested for the Chaser position . Everyone Good ?" Wood asked and everyone nodded .

"Now......At my count of three .........One , two , THREE !" Wood said .

The same moment , Ariel kicked off from the ground as hard as she could . She quickly bent down and darted for edge of the field to complete the rounds . The wind was whooshing past her ears , it almost gave Ariel a sense of excitement as she continued flying around the field . She bent towards the front , holding the broomstick handle tightly , as she felt her speed pick up . She silently counted in her head .......she had completed a round and a half by now and was still in the lead . Just as the thought crossed her mind , she felt a louder whooshing sound from beside her and a blur of red pass by . She realized that she had been overtaken .

Ariel then forced at the front of the broom again , as it again started up picking speed , much faster than the last time. Ariel now realized that she was flying right beside a girl , she didn't know who , but she could tell that she had seen her in Gryffindor tower a few times. From her peripheral vision , Ariel could see the girl forcing her broom forward . The two of them were still flying neck to neck , overtaking one another back and forth . With a Jolt , Ariel realized that the three round were over as she quickly turned her broom towards Oliver . The other girl , though , must have lost the count of the rounds - for she continued flying . When the girl looked at her side and didn't find Ariel there , did she realize what was happening . The girl swiftly turned towards Oliver , but It was too late , since Ariel was now already standing beside an impressed looking Oliver .

The girl quickly flew towards them , coming in second place . Another boy , who looked a few years older than Ariel and another girl , came third and fourth respectively .

" You all flew well...But , we seem to have our players moving on to the next level . I would like to apologize . But ! Don't get your hopes down and keep practicing ! Maybe you can join the team the next year ? Okay , Thank you , moving on -" Wood continued . Ariel Listened intently as Wood explained them about what they had to do next .

Apparently , Wood would be defending the hoops and they had to try their best to score a goal . He called them one by one . Oliver called Ariel at the last place, almost making it seem that he wanted to test out the fastest player the last .

Ariel breathed in deeply and confidently flew up to in front of the hoops, the red Quaffle tightly tucked between her arms . Wood was flying right in front of the middle hoop . Ariel , silently made up a plan in her head . Distraction - That was what she would be using . Ariel smiled as the perfect plan formed in her head . Now , it was time to get her plan into action .

Ariel flew up straight to the left Hoop , Wood changing his position . In the last moment , Ariel aimed for the middle hoop . Wood , as if knowing what she was going to do , quickly covered up the front hoop . He had expected her to throw the Quaffle in the middle Hoop , since it was aimed at it . But , Ariel threw it , with all the energy she had - right back towards the Left Hoop . Wood just hovered over there , dazed and confused by what had just happened . It took him a moment to realize what had happened , and when he did - he looked both Impressed and hurt . Impressed by her skills and hurt by the fact that he couldn't stop her from scoring . It went on , and in the end- Ariel ended up scoring 4 goals out of 5 .

The others trying out of the team also looked quite impressed by the girl's skills . A while Later , The Chaser try outs were over and it was time for the Seeker try outs . Ariel headed towards the stands where Vedika and Leonard were sitting . She was sweating painfully and her body was completely dehydrated .

" YOU DID FUCKING AMAZING , GIRL !" Vedika yelled as she jumped up to hug Ariel . Ariel felt her body getting crushed , but she felt proud of herself too .

" You did amazing out their , Ari " Leonard said , patting Ariel on her back while she was trapped in Vedika's arms .

" Thank you " Ariel breathed out when Vedika pulled away from her , massaging her shoulders . The trio sat there , roughly for half an hour , before Ariel was called out for declaring the results .

" So.....All of you did amazing today , But - Unfortunately , we couldn't find an eligible seeker and I sincerely apologize for that . Though , I was very impressed by our Chasers . So the finally results are -" Wood said as he pulled out a notepad .

" As I said .......Seekers weren't agreeable , so , no seeker for us yet . And for Chaser ...........We Have Alicia Spinnet as our Reserve Chaser " Wood announced .Ariel saw the girl from earlier smile brightly , she realized that this must be Alicia.

" And the Final Chaser we have is..........Ariel Black !" Wood announced . Ariel's heart was beating madly in her chest and she felt one of the brightest smiles grace her soft pink lips .

" HELL YEAH !" A voice , Vedika's voice to be precise , was heard cheering in the distance .

" Congratulations Ariel . I expect you to report on the Quidditch field every Wednesday and Friday , 5 p.m for practice , okay ?" He asked and Ariel nodded .

" You are a very talented player , and you need to be trained properly to improve your skills even further . I expect the best from you .Good luck " And with those words and a small smile , Wood Quickly dismissed her and the others .

The moment Ariel thought that she was not in earshot , she couldn't help but to cheer loudly for herself .

"FUCK YESS !"