28 || Momo's Question

Midoriya, Shinsou, and Togeike sat in class, all of them hardly paying attention. The poor man, Masaaki, who had been detained solely on the slight suspicion of being involved with Valor, brought up a lot of worries, at least, a lot for Midoriya.

     Of course, he knew it wasn't their fault that the local police neglected the fact they used voice changers, but it still was a problem that originated with Valor. They'd have to address the issue soon, most likely in a video.

     Another issue was- what happens when they get the real Editor, or the real Cotton Candy, or the real Mystery? The article mentioned Masaaki had been 'forcefully detained', which is a pretty way of saying he got hurt to some amount while being brought in. That could only get worse when they get the real deal.

     He couldn't have that happen to his friends. They would have to up whatever security they had on everything online, and Mdioriya would have to be extra careful when going back to the shed after patrol.

     Normally, he would talk with them about it at lunch, but he didn't know how long talking to Momo about Bakugou would take.

     Soon enough, the lunch bell rang and the class immediately got up and started on their way to the cafeteria.

     The three walked in silence, occasionally looking at one another. Somebody getting hurt on your behalf could really dampen the mood.

     They all got to their usual lunch table, and Mei smiled at them, "Hey!" She called. Togeike waved slightly, "Heya Mei."

     Mei seemed confused, "You guys are acting as if someone died. We can easily clear this up with an explanation that the police were in the wrong." She said, sitting down and leaning back in her chair.

     Midoriya sighed, "I know, it's just, I'm worried this might be the calm before the storm. Things might get a lot worse, we don't know." He mumbled.

      Mei went quiet for a second. She looked back up at her friends with a gentle smile, "We'll talk about it later. For now, we need to eat, and you need to talk to that one girl. Mom-mom, or whatever."

     Togeike laughed lightly, "Yeah, go find mom-mom." Shinsou shook his head, "You're both five years old."

     Midoriya rolled his eyes and left the table, searching the lunchroom with his eyes for Yaoyarozu. 

     He finally spotted her at the doorway of the lunchroom, she probably had just gotten there. Making his way over with a friendly smile, she spotted him and smiled back.

     Once he was close enough, Yaoyarozu pulled him out into the hallway so that they could hear each other. She didn't say anything for a second, so Midoriya cleared his throat, "Uh, Bakugou, he's always been a bit rough around the edges, but-"

     "No, uh-" Momo interrupted, looking away from him nervously, "That was actually a lie. I need to talk to you about something else."

     Midoriya felt his breath hitch, "Uh- heh, what about?" He asked.

     Momo sighed, "I really hope I'm not mistaking it, but..." She started by mumbling her words, then she looked up at Izuku, "Are you Valor?" She asked, more clear and louder.

     Izuku's heart rate picked up and his mouth became dry. 

     "Uh- what? What, why- no, no, I'm not-" He started, and suddenly wished Togeike had started his 'how to lie' classes already.

     Momo shook her head, "Calm down, please." She urged. Midoriya's breathing softened at the look in her eye. She didn't glare at him as he expected.

     The two of them stood in silence for a second. Momo cleared her throat, "I won't tell anyone." She said.

     "What?" Izuku asked. Momo nodded, "You saved me, a while ago." Mom fiddled with her hands, "It was before you got that voice changer. That's the only reason I knew it was you."

     Izuku sighed, "I should've gotten one earlier."

     Momo laughed, "Yeah, maybe." The hall went quiet again, the yelling from inside the lunchroom barely a whisper through the sound-proof doors.

     "So, then, why did you call me out here, if it wasn't to call me out?" He asked, sitting down against the wall. Momo followed his lead, sitting down across from him.

     "I actually wanted to offer my help." She said, "If you ever need it."

     Izuku's eyes widened, "What do you mean by help?" 

     He didn't want to get more people fully involved, not when it was already so dangerous for those who already were. Momo shook her head, "Nothing serious, not like Mystery, Cotton Candy, and Editor."

     She flushed and looked off to the side, "Sorry, it might be kind of weird I know their names, I've been keeping up with 'Valor' ever since."

     Izuku laughed, "It's okay."

     "What I meant, though," She continued, the pink fading from her face, "Is that if you ever need help with anything, small or big, even if you just need an extra pair of hands, you or your friends can call me." Momo reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

     She walked over to Midoriya, who stood up as well. Momo handed him the paper and smiled. Opening the paper, her phone number was written neatly in between the lines on the paper.

     "Thank, Yaoyarozu." 

     Momo shook her head, "Oh, no, please, just call me Momo. We're friends now. And Yaoyarozu is kind of a mouthful."

     Midoriya nodded, "Then call me Izuku!"

     The two of them said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. Midoriya pocketed Momo's number and headed back to the lunch table to tell his friends what had happened.

     While more people knowing was a dangerous thing, Midoriya was sure she would've known with or without that conversation, and having her know and help them was better than having her suspect them.

sorry really short and unedited but i just woke up sooooo k

{|985 words|}