Chapter 33

HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY TO EVERY WOMEN OUT THERE :D You are beautiful just the way you are :)

Okay, Chapter 33 below and it is dedicated to @ActLikeAFool :D

****

“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.” 
― Winston S. Churchill

TEMPLAR P.O.V

Randall’s whole posture changed. He became taut, but he quickly schooled back it to an uninterested one.  But that one tiny betrayal of his stance was my hope.

“What do you mean?” he questioned, quite innocently, cocking an eyebrow.

“Wouldn’t you like you to know” I said with a smirk and Randall narrowed his eyes.

United we stand. Divided we fall. Nicely done Randall. Nicely done.

 I knew everyone was looking at me and so, I took a step towards Randall. “You are not the only one who heard ‘The Lion and The Cows’ story” I added in a mocking tone and Randall’s eyes darkened. “But just one tiny mistake- you forgot who is the king of this jungle” I murmured smoothly and then turned to face my pack wolves.

“What do you want me to do?” I demanded looking at them.

“There is a traitor amongst us and he has planted bombs around the pack” Ophelia said with a gulp.

“There are children” Mike added and others agreed. “We want our pack safe Templar” Mike was hesitant to get directly to the point and I sighed.

“I say- there is NO bomb in the pack” I announced confidently and everyone shot me a confused look.

“But there is a traitor amongst us” Sveta said holding Luka closer to her chest.

“There is and the person is here, watching her every move” Randall spoke up and I closed my eyes shut, because I didn’t want to watch the fear in my pack’s eyes.

“I am going to say one last time- There is no bomb in our pack” I said through gritted teeth and opened my eyes.

“If you want to believe her,-”

“GAG THIS MUTT” I thundered pointing my finger at Randall and the guards nodded. Two were already holding Randall. Another one guard stepped forward to cover Randall’s mouth, but he snapped right in front of the guards face. Growling in frustration, I took the cloth, punched Randall and when his head flew back, stuffed the cloth inside his mouth.

The guard reacted quickly and tied the cloth from behind.

“Hmm… this is good” I said patting Randall’s cheek. “You look better now” I said and when Randall tried to lunge at me, I punched him in the stomach.

When I faced my pack wolves, I found them watching me with fear, with disapproval. The disapproval look hurt me and my wolf whined. When I saw it, I realized that if I want to become a good leader, I also needed the trust of all wolves. And what better way to start it than from my own pack?

If they trust me now, it would be a confidence boost for me and if they don’t…. I will fail, everywhere.

I could have just said it to them and force them to agree, but that was not the right way. So I went through the other way.

Raising my chin, I addressed the crowd, “I trust you. Each one of you. And I know no one among you is the traitor” I said and they stared at me anxiously. “We have been in this pack for years and we all know each other. We are family. We all love each other. So, do you seriously think, one of our own would betray us?” Something I said was making sense to them because they slowly shook their head.