|08|

Turning around, my eyes are met with these bright glowing eyes through the trees. As it walks closer, I notice what it is. A wolf, and it's truly the biggest wolf I have seen in my life. His fur is as black as charcoal. His sapphire eyes remind of Caelums.

I'm frozen with fear. I heard if you ever see a wolf, you shouldn't run away. You need to stand tall and stay calm. But I don't feel calm. As the wolf approaches me I get the feeling that I may not become his meal after all. Thank the stars!

The wolf reaches me and nudges me to get my attention. I have a seat on the grass next to the big wolf. I let go of the breath that I've been holding. I run my hands through his fur. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I tell the wolf.

I've never been this close to a wolf before. The wolf starts licking my face and I start to laugh. The wolf is now laying on his back, begging for a belly rub.  I take my hand, place it on the wolf's stomach and scratch it. He seems to be loving life.

I think wolves just became my second favorite animal, cause obviously, Ghost is my forever number one!

I feel so relaxed now. I can't even remember why I came down here in the first place. His ears are pushed forward. The corner of his lips is pulled back and his jaw is open. The wolf looks so happy and carefree.

He turns around and runs back into the woods. This could've gone wrong, but thankfully it didn't.

I stand back up and head inside. I need to get some sleep because knowing Talia, tomorrow will be quite the event.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

"Wake up, birthday girl!"

I hear screams, but I can't quite make out those words just yet. I peek through my one open eye while the other remains shut. It's Talia.

"Happy Birthday!!" she screams.

"Thanks," I barely make out. My body can't fully awake without caffeine.

She hops on the bed next to me. "Wake up, sleepyhead! Time to start the day! We have so many things to do! We need to go shopping, get your hair done, get your makeup done! You only turn eighteen once!" she says, excitement written all over her face.

"It's just another day." I rub my eyes. I don't know where this girl gets all of this energy so early in the morning.

"You're a legal adult! You know, in werewolves, 18 is when you're old enough to find your mate."

"So that's why you were so pumped on your birthday?!"

"Yea exactly. Now stop changing the subject. Go get ready! We have a busy day! I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen." She says as she gets off my bed and strolls out.

Days like today are hard for me. My family never made my birthday a big deal. I was lucky to get a cupcake. But, ever since Talia got into my life, she has done everything in her power to make me feel loved. She never forgets to remind me that every year lived is a blessing. I am truly thankful for her.

As I approach the kitchen, something delicious fills my nostrils. "Talia, what is that delicious smell?!" I ask.

"I'm spoiling my bestie on her birthday, obvs!" she tells me as she hands me a plate of the most delicious-looking breakfast. There's a mix of potatoes, peppers, bacon, and sausages. There's even a side of pancakes.

"This is the best breakfast ever!!" I scream, my mood turning a 360. Good food has a way of turning any bad days into great ones.

"I just know you, my sweetheart!" she says as she hands me a cup of coffee. My smile widens at the sight of it.