T W E N T Y - T W O

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Scary red eyes stared back at me. Should I just storm out? I'm scared. It's the same feeling as meeting Aleister for the first time. "It's my first time meeting you right?" he said as he approached me and I immediately took a step back.

I kept stepping back until my back hit the door. He reached out his hand and he was about to touch my face when his hand suddenly got slapped away.

"Father, stop scaring her," Xiumin said, much to my surprise. Their father faced him and the aura only got deadlier. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I tried looking at their father once again.

He looked at me once again and he suddenly began laughing. "Sorry dear child, I thought I should have a little fun."

My eyes widened in confusion at the quick change of mood. The heavy atmosphere suddenly lifted up and I saw that the guys were all shaking their heads. "Did you like my greeting?" he asked me.

I still couldn't even fully process the situation. Their father's red eyes suddenly turned back to their normal color. The menacing aura was gone and all I see in front of me is a really good looking businessman. He was wearing a formal suit and he had his hair slick back. Looking at him now, I'm somewhat reminded of Leonardo Dicaprio's in the Great Gatsby.

"You went way overboard. I can't believe you'd pull off such an act when you know what just happened to her." Suho said as shook his head in disapproval.

"He's right father. You know how much uncle Aleister scares her, you didn't need to add." Kyungsoo added. "How insensitive of you."

Their father raised his hand and pointed a finger at them. "I didn't say yes to this meeting just so I could hear my sons nag at me." he chuckled.

"Whatever old man, let's just get this over with," Tao scoffed as he scratched his head. To my surprise, their father suddenly teleported in front of Tao, hit him on the head, then teleported right next to me.

Tao glared at his father in return. "That's what you get for calling me an old man," his father snickered. Their father turned to me and back at the guys. "Hey, does this girl even speak? She's been standing there for quite a while now."

Baekhyun tapped my shoulder and gestured me to go and talk. I snapped out of my trance and managed a greeting. "I-uh... I'm Paige, sir... Mister," sort of...

He chuckled patted my shoulder. I instinctively stepped away when he touched me. "Ah, don't worry. I have control over myself. Sit down and we'll all talk." he said.

"How should I address you... sir?" I asked awkwardly.

"Xerxes, my name is Xerxes." he answered but he suddenly got elbowed on the ribs by Chen.

"You can't expect her to just be that casual with you, idiot." he said.

"I'm not like other demons and don't call me an idiot." he scratched his head. "Just call me Mr. Damon, it's what everyone in the company calls me. See the pun there? Damon is exactly like demon!" he then cackled.

I looked around the room only to see everyone already seated on their chair and eyeing their father as if he has gone insane. "Take your seat, Paige." Luhan told me.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Damon." I said with a bow before taking my seat. I was seated in between Luhan and Chanyeol since it was the only seat left. Mr. Damon also took his seat at the end of the table.

He coughed loudly at rested his hands on the table. "So... what are we going to talk about?" he asked with a grin.

It was as if everything is on cue when everyone palmed their faces. "Isn't it obvious that it's about Paige?" Suho groaned.