Chapter 26 - Families Reunited in the Rain

Luo Binghe came out of the cave, only to meet with the reunion of two brothers. He rigidly turned to look at their opponent, "...this is?"

Lan Zhan introduced, "My brother."

"ZeWu-Jun is my title." Lan Xichen smiled. The three couples and him had all pulled their cloaks off, revealing the familiar faces beneath the hoods. "I'm the Clan Leader of GusuLan, also Wangji's elder brother. Thank you for taking care of my brother and brother-in-law." He clasped his hands and bowed.

The remaining of the three couples bowed back rigidly.

Who knew, all along, they were fighting against people with the same good intentions.

The three couples introduced themselves. After the introductions, Shen Qingqiu asked, "Were you the one who lit the blue fire?"

Lan Xichen denied it. "My powers aren't so strong."

The three couples coughed. They felt the blue fire pressing down their chest, with the smoke clogging their throat. "We need to extinguish this fire..."

Hua Cheng stepped out. His face was cold and indifferent.

His lips parted, then blew a puff of air.

The remaining cultivators watched, perplexed and dumbfounded, as the blue fire was washed away into absolute thin air. They all thought that the blue fire was something unbeatable, however, Hua Cheng just blew once lightly and the fire was diminished! It looked like... the Ghost King definitely mustn't be reckoned with!

"...this fellow cultivator, you're really powerful." Lan Xichen was at a loss for words.

"Hua Chengzhu, you really showed off this time!" Wei Wuxian laughed.

Hua Cheng arched an eyebrow. He remained indifferent to the praise.

Slowly, Lan Xichen turned to the direction of the cave. "When I arrived at the origin of the fire, I found a few villagers hiding in the cave. Their village was burned down in the fire. Afterwards, I heard your footsteps, and coincidentally thought that the culprit decided to come after their lives. That was why I was guarding and fought against you guys."

The three couples understood his intentions.

Originally, Lan Xichen was planning to visit Jiang Cheng. He arrived at Yunmeng Jiang, then saw the fire and was alerted. He thought it'd be helpful to extinguish it, but couldn't because of how strong it was. Instead, he found innocent villagers hiding inside the cave. Unwilling to leave them behind, Lan Xichen joined them inside the cave.

However, he heard footsteps coming their way. He thought that the footsteps belonged to the enemy, and planned to defend from them. That ended up with him fighting against the three couples.

"I don't know if we're close to the actual culprit or not." Lan Xichen spoke solemnly. "I'm going to check up on the villagers in the cave. It's best if I bring them to Lotus Pier and ask if Clan Leader Jiang would allow them to take refuge."

Shen Qingqiu fanned himself. "I'd like to see the villagers as well."

The others agreed with him.