Casualties of War & Destined for More

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

Third Person Narrative:

Charlie, Hermione, and Ron managed to arrive at the second-floor corridor girl's lavatory with mere moments to spare before the entirety of Hogwarts joined forces in the courtyard; the protection spells being casted were visible through the castle windows.

Leading the way inside, Charlie threw open the door and set the Nimbus 2000 down, Hermione and Ron at his heels. The room looked exactly as it had been the last time they had been there, five years ago. They could hear Moaning Myrtle, the bathroom's ghost, gurgling mournfully in her stall for a moment, then she emerged, her head peaking through the wall, for she'd heard the door close loudly behind them.

"Well, well, well, nice of you three to visit after all these years," she whined, her ghostly figure now hovering above them. "But where's Harry? It's been ever so long since he came to visit me."

"He's otherwise occupied right now, Myrtle," Charlie replied as he approached the sink, staring at the familiar emblem of a snake carved into the tap.

"Oh, but what brings you here?" asked Myrtle, eyeing Charlie up and down flirtatiously. "Have you missed me? Because I've missed you. You've changed so much since I've last saw you... far more handsome."

Hermione shot her a look of pure malice.

"Give it a rest, Myrtle," she said hotly. "It's never going to happen."

The ghostly girl grinned, laughing to herself, then said, "Jealousy is such a deadly disease, isn't it, Granger? Oh well, if it does indeed aim to kill, you are more than welcome to share my toilet."

"Listen Myrtle, we'd love to catch up," said Ron sarcastically, interjecting before Hermione had the chance to retaliate. "But we have more important things to be doing."

Myrtle scoffed, enraged, her entire mood changing within an instant.

"Of course you do. No one ever has time for ugly, miserable, moping, Moaning Myrtle!"

And with that, Myrtle let out a prolonged high-pitched cry of anger as she slowly drifted away

And with that, Myrtle let out a prolonged high-pitched cry of anger as she slowly drifted away. Before she could fully disappear however, Hermione, non-verbally, cast the Langlock Jinx on the poltergeist, gluing her tongue to the roof of her mouth. They heard her start to gag as she went through the wall.

"What? It's just so that she doesn't go and blab about us being here," explained Hermione nonchalantly, as both Charlie and Ron shot her looks of confusion.

"Right," said Charlie, smirking.

Turning his attention back to the sink, he began mumbling to himself, making odd strangled hissing sounds. Ron's expression did not change at the peculiar action, but Hermione's face was blazoned with stress, not really sure what to expect and even less sure that it would work. The last time they'd entered the Chamber of Secrets, she'd been rendered useless after being petrified by the basilisk. So now, all she could do was watch and listen as her boyfriend's voice grew louder and more certain.