Chapter Forty Six

Warnings: Smut, Fluff, more than one POV

"Why isn't he waking up?!" I asked, sitting in a chair that I had pulled up next to Chris's bed.

"His body has been through a lot. It's likely for him to be in a coma for a couple days. But the good news is he's breathing on his own, and his heart is beating normally."

I looked down to Chris's hand and mine intertwining, grabbing tightly. I was disappointed still that I wouldn't hear his voice just yet.

"This is great news, Mrs.Evans."

"t-thank you.." I spoke softly. My eyes glued to Chris, as I kissed his hand, over and over again.

"And if I may say, congratulations on the baby." Hunt added.

I smiled at him just before he left Chris's hospital room.

I felt better looking at him without all those machines hooked on.

I was tired of sitting in the chair, so I climbed up and crawled next to Chris and for a moment, I pretended we were back home, how we always do before falling asleep, just staring at each other as he rubbed my back and played with my hair.

I laid my head on his shoulder, still holding his hand in mine.

I knew that the news of me being pregnant brought him back. It has to be, it's the reason he fought to regain consciousness, which means he can hear me...

After a couple minutes, I decided to keep talking to him.

"hey baby it's Y/n..." I whispered "...I know you can hear me. So I'm going to keep talking to you so you can focus on the sound of my voice to find your way back, okay? From wherever you are in that gorgeous head of yours..."

I stopped speaking in order to see if he'd flutter his eyes open. Which Dr.Hunt said could happen today or tomorrow. He also said, possibly weeks or years but I don't want to think that I'd go years without Chris.

I was getting desperate and inpatient. I wanted him to wake up. I wanted everything to be okay and back to how they were before all this.

"...God, wake up Chris. Please. Please. I need to listen to your voice again, hear your laugh, roll my eyes at your dorky jokes, hear you complain about me picking Avengers on movie night, scold you for jumping on me even though you know I'm not really mad, please baby, wake up."

I started crying again out of anger, desperation and anxiousness. I was weeping for a while until I heard the most angelic voice fill my ears...

"Why are you crying?"

I turned to face Chris, which should be where the voice is coming from since him and I are the only ones in the room.

When I turned, my eyes were met with a pair of sparkly blue ones.

"CHRIS! OH MY GOD!" I grabbed his face and kissed him again and again. "Baby! I thought you left forever."

He was still groggy and confused. "I could never leave my anxiety buddy."

This made me smile and hug him close.

"You scared me so bad." My eyes teared up again.

He said nothing and proceeded to lift his hand up and tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Y/n?"

"Yes, Chris?"

"Wake up."

I sprung up in Chris and I's king sized bed. Drenched in sweat and extremely confused. I was hyperventilating and my pulse was racing.