thirty-eight

"hyuck, can you atleast let him breathe properly?" mark says.

hyuck looked at the senior. "hyuck? are we that close?"

mark's face paled, "i-i mean donghyuck—"

mark was cut off when hyuck chuckles, he found the senior's sacred facial expression cute.

"i was kidding. you can call me hyuck. it's no big deal, markus."

"it's mark-"

hyuck ignored him, "so this sunghoon... he's a student here?"

sunghoon scoffed. "i'm literally here. you can just ask me."

the four of them, mark, hyuck, seri and sunghoon, were seated on a table near the field. hyuck was still holding sunghoon's arm to avoid the younger escaping.

the sun kissed male's eyes traveled to seri who was on a daze. he cautiously tapped her arm to get her attention. "you okay?"

seri looked at him, then sunghoon. after a few seconds, she looks at mark.

hyuck also looked at mark, "hey lee, don't you have classes? why are you here with us anyway."

mark was slightly offended. "you were asking me something!"

hyuck again laughed at him. "geez, don't shout. so, sunghoon is jisung's classmate? did he transfer just a few days ago?"

"i am—" sunghoon was cut off by hyuck.

"wasn't asking you. are you mark? no? then keep that mouth shut."

that tone. sunghoon immediately closed his mouth as he looked at everywhere but hyuck. his tone was intimidating but the burning gaze he had on sunghoon was more than enough to make him obey.

mark felt the tension and clears his throat. he glances on his watch and slowly stands up, earning the three's attention.

mark awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "uh... i still have classes. i should go."

then he flee.

hyuck brought his eyes back to sunghoon. "so, did you enroll here just to spy on seri?"

sunghoon shakes his head. "i've been here for a couple of years already."

seri asks, "are you really a deathless member?"

"i'm a new recruit.. and seri's my first task," he says. "i swear, they just asked me to keep an eye on you... and maybe threaten you if you go to the cops."

seri bit her lip. "okay..." she was puzzled. someone this young is part of a gang. and it's a big gang. but why is sunghoon spilling everything that easily?

"don't you have a rule to shut your mouths? i mean deathless are really secretive to the point that no one knows the members and stuffs. why are you telling us this? it's a trap..." seri concluded.

sunghoon again shakes his head. "i'm not suppose to tell anyone about this but i'm more than scared to be on a neo's bad side—"

"you're already on their bad side, kid," hyuck says.

"huh?" it was seri and sunghoon. seri was intrigued by the word neo. what the fuck is that?

"so, will you stop spying on seri now? she's not going to tell the cops." hyuck looks at him.

sunghoon glances at seri.

"actually, i also need to ask her something."

seri quirks a brow up. "about what?"

sunghoon motioned her to come closer.

"that night, have you seen anyone on that alley?"

seri shook her head. "why?"

"nothing."

hyuck steps on his foot as the tall kid shrieked.

"fine! i'll tell you!"

hyuck scoffs. "all i did was scare you a little and you're ready to spill everything. you sure you still want to be part of that gang? i bet you haven't got your tattoo yet.."

sunghoon rolled his eyes. "right, i still haven't gotten the tattoo... i'm still under provision."

"and this is like your task?" hyuck sighs, "you're failing, hoon. but anyway, enough with your gang life, why? did something happened that night?"

sunghoon closes his eyes, "two of the high ranking members died at the alley. i think they still don't have an idea who killed them.. and they were hoping seri might saw the suspect."

donghyuck placed his head on his palms as he tries to comprehend what the boy told him.

if his hunch is correct, then jaeehyun's in trouble. actually, not just jaehyun.