just a dream (requested)

"I promise, Yeji. I'm on my way home right now. It won't be much longer until I arrive." You told your worried girlfriend through the phone as you carefully drove down the road.

You're being careful by keeping your phone on speaker and on the mount on the air vent in your car as you drove slowly. You continued to keep the wipers on your windshield constantly going, knowing you had to keep your view clear.

It's pouring rain, making your drive terribly dangerous and Yeji is worried out of her mind while she waits the usually agonizing twenty minutes for you to arrive home.

It never seems that long on any normal day, but during this terrible storm, it feels like an eternity before you'll be home safe.

"Please go slow, take your time." She begged and stared out the window, watching as the rain poured harder than she's ever seen and heard before.

"I promise I-" your words were cut off by the sound of a blood-curdling scream falling from your lips.

"Y/N? Y/N!"

She heard the sound of glass breaking and branches snapping. She had a terrible feeling and could feel the tears sting her eyes before she heard the sound of sirens in the background.

She was panicking, tangling her fingers in her hair as she paced the room.

"Talk to me, y/n!" She pleaded but only heard you weakly say 'sorry, Yeji,' before you went completely silent, leaving Yeji knowing that the worst had happened and her greatest fears had come true.

Suddenly, the feeling of you shaking her arm and saying her name repeatedly made her eyes snap open.

She sat up with a loud gasp and began to pant to try to catch her breath. She squeezed her eyes shut as sweat poured down her forehead. She started to sob again and only stopped when you brushed your fingers along her arm to try to soothe her.

She opened her eyes and looked over at you. She noticed the look of concern in your eyes while you brushed your thumbs under hers to try to wipe away the tears that just continued to fall.

"Are you okay, baby?"

She didn't answer you. Instead, she threw her arms around you to give you the biggest hug she'd ever given you before. She continued to cry, but this time they were tears of relief.

"You're okay, you're okay," she sobbed as she gripped your shirt so tightly in her shaking hands that you wouldn't be surprised if she tore it. "You're alive!"

"Of course I am, Yeji. I'm fine and so are you." You said as you pulled away from her and brushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

"You weren't a minute ago! Not in my dream..." she sniffled. "You got in an accident and you didn't make it." She cried and you caught her tears with your thumbs as they fell down her cheeks.

"It was just a dream though, Yeji. I'm here, right here. Look, we're home in our bed, safe and sound. Nothing is going to happen. Everything's just fine."

She swallowed thickly and leaned into your touch as you caressed her cheek.

"Take a deep breath."

She did as you said before slowly opening her eyes and staring into yours. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw them sparkle a little.

"See? It's alright."

She nodded and leaned forward so she could bury her face in your neck and let her lips brush along your skin softly.

"You scared me. I woke up and you were sobbing. I knew you were having a bad dream so I had to get you up as soon as I could."

"It's the worst dream I've ever had." She sniffled. "But it was just a dream... right?"

"Right." You spoke calmly and sent her a small smile as she pulled back. You gently pushed her back onto the bed and let her curl up to you. She let out a shaky breath and clung to you as tight as she could.

"Can we watch a movie?"

"Are you sure you don't want to try to go back to sleep? It's three in the morning and you have practice."

"No! I don't want to go back to sleep. I want to cuddle and watch a movie and stay awake with you."

"Okay." You soothed and laid a soft kiss on her head to comfort her.

You grabbed the remote and turned on her favorite movie. You held onto her, keeping her safe and warm in your arms as she stopped crying and trembling.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Yeji," you whispered softly and rubbed her back as she watched the movie.

You were exhausted and you knew she had to be, too.

But because she needed comfort more than anything right now, sleep became the leats of your concern and you focused solely on her.

If she slept tonight, then you'd sleep too. Otherwise, you'd do your very best to stay awake with her and keep her as comforted as you could.

Because she'd do the same for you in a heartbeat and all you want is for her to feel okay again.