Fifty-Nine

January passed by rather quickly, ending with Lily's birthday. James had thrown a Gryffindor party and decided against trying to win her over.

In the end, it seemed like Lily was started to find James less and less repulsive and Sirius started flirting more and more with Marlene.

Regulus and Marlene ended up talking and decided that their feelings for one another were not romantic and more friendly.

Remus and Aries had talked as well, more about what their relationship would lead to and such. The two decided on keeping things more romantic and less lustful. Deciding on no sex until marriage, if they lasted, was a decision that they made together.

They had even talked about their drunk party night and decided to ignore it, they were drunk anyway. Also the next morning, they decided to keep it as a memory.

Ben and Honey kept getting closer and closer, Ben even wrote a song for Honey with his new band of boys called, "What Makes You Beautiful" and played it for her birthday, a couple weeks before Lily's.

Honey herself started gathering girls for her own band. The two had made an agreement to not be in the same band, in fear of the band splitting up over a breakup, if they have one.

Aries had continued to do well in all of her classes so far and was improving her own designs when she sent them to Gladrags in Hogsmeade.

Madame Pomfrey appreciated Aries help more than ever as Quidditch tryouts began for the Slytherin team and the Gryffindor team once more. The Gryffindor team needing a keeper and the Slytherin needing a new beater.

It was officially February, only days before Valentine's Day and Slytherin tryouts were about to start.

"Stop eating so fast, Ben, you'll choke." Marlene warned him as the pair of three sat together at the Slytherin table for breakfast.

"There's a game this Friday and I want to be ready for it. Plus since Reg is doing tryouts for a new beater, he's testing everyone else on the team already. If there is someone better, we'll be replaced." Ben said as he sped ate his breakfast rolls and eggs. Apparently the Carrow twins had better things to do than Quidditch and ditched earlier before break. Ben wasn't officially on the team yet but Reg promised it to him.

"I've seen you on a broomstick, you'll do great." Aries rolled her eyes and continued reading her book. Ben looked at her with furrowed brows. "What?" She asked looking back at him.

"You never compliment me." He said with a smirk.

"And never again." She said raising a brow indicating her intimidation.

"I'm growing on you." Ben said happily and shoved his plate away from him before standing up. Marlene and Aries followed suit, Honey coming as well once she noticed the three leaving.

"Hey where's, Mindy?" Marlene asked.

"No idea, she's been quiet lately. Getting back to the dorm late, coming to get food for a few minutes then dashing off. That girl needs to sort out her priority's." Aries shrugged.

"Mindy? Mindy Farfield?" Ben asked, putting his arm over Honeys shoulders.

"Yeah, shes our roommate." Marlene answered, keeping Aries from running into walls as she read her book.

"She's been hanging around Avery, Mulciber and Parkinson recently, even Regulus has been." Ben said as they walked towards the Quidditch field.

Aries kept her book up as she opened her mind, jumping from person to person until coming across Mindys thoughts.

Her mind searched through Mindys, looking for something, anything that could lead to-

Aries shut her book and frowned in thought. It all pointed to her, she was off the train before Aries when Christmas break started.

Mindy was hanging around the whole group of Slytherins that were all going to end up being death eaters one way or another.

Aries thought about it, Mindy could've easily told, Walburga about Remus. Easily told her mother about everything. Though it wasn't that Mindy started talking to Walburga that made Aries go cross.

It was that, Mindy was so far fetched that she needed to go and make Aries plan of escape, that much harder.

She couldn't be with Remus in public if Mindy was going to tattle. She couldn't do her designs and be happy if Mindy was there.

Aries couldn't be herself when Mindy was in the room anymore, she had to be her mothers perfect daughter as if her mother was there beside her.

Her worst nightmares coming to life, without her mother even being there.

________________

"Ben, stop hyperventilating." Aries huffed, "you look like you're about to pass out." She noticed.

"Really? I didn't notice that, definitely not because I'm freaking out." Ben countered.

"Stop being a baby, you'll be a beater. Trust me, I know things." Aries shrugged.

Bens semi tryout went really well, to say the least. He was one of two that could manage to keep the team shielded from the bludgers.

"Ben! You're still the beater on the Slytherin team!" Marlene said excitedly as she came out of the Slytherin common room.

"Who's the new beater?" Ben asked, Aries rolled her eyes at Marlene's next words.

"Gideon Prewett."
_____________

"Nervous?" Aries as Remus as she sat beside him in the Great Hall. It was lunch and free seating.

"A bit." Remus admitted as he ate rather slow.

"Don't be nervous, I'm captain remember?" James said, flexing in front of Lily as she rolled her eyes.

"Though I'm all for good luck charms." Remus smiled coyly at Aries. The whole table expecting a snarky comment back, though they were all surprised when Aries shrugged and kissed him.

Her cheeks burning up a bit along with Remus's ears, she smiled at him before going and picking up a book like nothing happened.

"Whoa, what just happened." Peter asked as James jaw dropped along with Sirius's.

"Did you just-...where is Aries Black and what did you do with her? First in the train and now here?" Marlene asked jokingly.

James having the same thought that Remus did and put his arm around Lily.

"My dear Lily-Flower, how about a good luck charm for me?" James asked, a grin on his face.

Maybe I will, just to wipe that smirk off his face...

Aries grinned and bit her lip as Lily kissed his cheek, James grin fell immediately, his eyes darting to Lily's in wild excitement as she got up and left for her last class.

"Did she just-..." Sirius asked and quickly turned towards Marlene, about to do the same with her.

"Don't. Even. Think about it." She shook her head putting her hand up before looking to Aries.

Time to go. Now.

Aries only sighed and started packing up her own bag before getting up with Marlene, leaving the boys in separate emotions.