Just Married - Part 3

It was their last day on set. After a full week of reshooting scenes, the acting part of it all was finally completed and moved off to the side, and all that was left of their work for The Conjuring 2 was the press and promoting part of it all. 

Vera would typically feel more at ease on the final day, but this time around she felt sick to her stomach. She hasn't seen or talked to Patrick for the entirety of the week other than their occasional small talks on set, but those were always far from private as they were practically interrupted every few seconds or so.

Once Vera got ready for the work that same morning, maybe 30 minutes earlier than usual, she practically leaped out of her trailer and deliberately turned to her left while folding a light cardigan over herself, deciding the night before that taking the chance to see the man she was utterly in love with was better than another 20 minutes of sleep.

"Please be awake, Wilson," Vera mutters as she holds the thin, gray material over herself, she couldn't believe she hadn't thought of going to try and see him in the morning, especially when no one at work is ever up as early as her.

After a quick walk across the empty lot, she finally found herself standing at his door, a small blue name tag that wrote Ed being the cause of the sudden excitement bubbling up inside of her, and so without hesitation she quickly climbed the narrow stairs, making it all the way up before knocking at his door.

A few minutes pass as she stands there in the cold breeze, Vera almost lost hope... but that was before she started hearing familiar thumps grow closer to her, and after going to unlock the door with a click, her costar opens his door, his eyes instantly widening at the sight of who it was standing before him, "Vera?" Wilson asks, his voice still sounding groggy. Patrick started smiling but his grin was instantly wiped off after feeling a gust of wind blow his way, "What are you doing? Come inside it's freezing!"

Patrick pulled her delicate figure into his warm chest before pushing the door closed, locking it before laying his eyes back on Vera, "what are you doing?" He asks again in a tired huff, his eyelids battling to stay open. Patrick appeared to be tired but the rest of his body told a different story, he was holding her close to him as his hands comfortably traveled lower to sit at Vera's sides.

"Did I wake you up?" Vera whispers in a giggle, it was quite obvious that she did. Her heart practically exploded when Patrick placed his warm lips on her forehead, planting a delicate kiss there.

"Yes, but oh my... so much better than waking up to James calling me in early," Patrick chuckles, looking down at Vera just in time to see her burst out into a laugh, "Shh! Vera the walls are thin."

"Well then don't make me laugh so much," Vera says in a mutter, her delicate gaze darting between his eyes and his lips.

"I couldn't even if I tried," Patrick says with a lopsided smile, gently pressing his lips against hers before turning over to the small counter, his unvarnished back facing her, "coffee?"

"Yeah sure," Vera smirks, watching him carefully as she leaned up against the wall, still pulling her cardigan over herself.

After opening and pouring in the creamer, he finally turned back to face her with a curious look upon his face, "so how come you didn't come over here the past few days? You know I was afraid that you might've changed your mind or something," Patrick says, his statement followed by a nervous laugh.

Vera looks at him in shock, "I could never do that to you. I could never change my mind about this," Vera reassures him softly, earning a look of relief from Patrick as he hands her a coffee, "And you know how it is, I wouldn't want to risk getting caught in case someone already knows about my marriage," Vera simply says before looks down, taking a sip out of her cup before putting it down on the table.

"I've never been married so I wouldn't know but-" Patrick starts to smile as Vera walks up to him, closing the empty space between them with a kiss, "are you still cold or something?" Patrick asks quietly, suddenly taking notice of how cold Vera still felt to the touch.

Vera breaks away for a second, "maybe a little." Patrick nods in response.

"Would going under the covers help? I don't really have anything warm to give you right now, I wish I did."

"Well, are you okay with that?" Vera asks in a serious tone.

"Of course I am, I was planning on laying back down anyway. We still have about half an hour after all."

Vera giggles, feeling her face burn red at that very moment, "Well then sure, as long as you don't try anything."

"Thin walls Vera, thin walls," Patrick says with a laugh, cheekily smiling at her as he takes her over to where he slept for the night. Wilson settles down first before lifting the covers for Vera, who was very delighted to be joining him, "better?"

"So much better," Vera smirks, cuddling into Patrick's chest as he welcomed her with open arms, "thank you so much."

Patrick watches as she looks up into his eyes sympathetically. "For what?" he asks, "if anything I should be thanking you," the corners of Patrick's lips curl upward as he places another kiss on top of her head.

"No, thank you for understanding," Vera whispers, "I could've been with you for a while now but I somehow ended up marrying a guy I thought I liked but I don't, it was all just a waste of time and I don't know why I did it, I wasted our time."

"You didn't waste our time Vera, even if we were still friends I wouldn't consider any of it a waste of time. I liked being with you even as just a friend, and I obviously like this more but I don't ever want you to think you wasted our time," Patrick nods, suddenly beginning to chuckle.

Vera suddenly looks up at him, a smile playing at her lips, "What's so funny?"

"It's just funny to think that your wedding ring was what finally brought us together," Patrick laughs, "perhaps it's fate."