lxxxix

When the soft morning glow hit his face, Fred slowly woke up, not fully recognizing his surroundings. He squinted his eyes due to the the sun and closed his eyes again after noticing an ajar glass door that led to what he assumed was a small balcony. He could hear cars passing by, honking at other cars. He could hear the sirens of ambulances and people outside speaking in rapid French. The light scent of cigarettes filled his nostrils as an adoring smile plastered itself on his face when he turned around to see the sleeping girl next to him.

He traced the shape of her nose, eyes and lips with his thumb as he remembered last night's events. Everything felt like a dream. Like it came out of a movie screen. Looking at a sleeping Madeleine, his eyes scanned over the faint outline of her body, mostly covered by the silk sheets of the hotel's bed. He could see the love bites and small purple bruises trailed over her exposed breasts, neck and collarbones. The way her blonde hair was scattered over the pillows, her face illuminated by the golden morning sun, she looked simply ethereal to him. Just like she always did. Fred couldn't resist to press feathery kisses all over her face, pulling her body closer to his as her eyes fluttered open, humming contently at the feeling of his warm skin pressed against hers.

"Morning ass face," Fred grinned once she fully opened her eyes.

"Morning ginger pubes," she smiled just as widely and pulled him into a loving kiss. "What do you wanna do today?"

"No clue but I wanna do something fun," Fred smirked. "What do you have in mind angel?"

"Oh I know something fun!" she exclaimed. "We can go to the Louvre! I haven't been in ages but it'll be fun!"

"I was talking about sex," he chuckled. "And what exactly is the Louvre?"

"Only the the most famous and largest museum in the world Freddie."

"I love how you find that fun," he shook his head and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Fine, we can go to Versailles but we'll have to take a short train to get there. The Eiffel Tower is better at sunset and nightime, we can go shopping in Champs Élysées-"

"I want to go to that place you said was your favorite, Jardin something,"

"Jardin du Luxembourg, you remembered," she smiled fondly.

"Of course I did," he pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I think I have an idea of what we can do today."

"What?"

"We can go to that themed park the reception bloke mentioned," he said excitedly.

"You want to go to Disneyland?" Maddie frowned and looked at the happy smile on his face. "On our romantic getaway, you want to go to Disneyland?"

"Fuck yeah."

"Well, I guess this is one of the many reasons why I fell in love with you," she shook her head and tangled her fingers in the mop of red hair.

"Is that so?" Fred raised his brow, "name another one."

"Easy," she smirked, "your dick."

"Take that back!" he feigned resentment. "I thought you would say my looks or charming personality woman!"

"That comes second-"