8: A Favor for Batman

I flew out of the Bat Cave, and headed towards where Bane was. Bane just so happens to be the only asshole to run a job with me and come out alive, for obvious reasons. I intend to fix that today.

I shook the thought from my head and sighed to myself. Right, Batman doesn't kill. Wait, Red Hood does, and he's consistently associated with him. Eh, maybe he's an exception. I landed at a torn up street, and my eyes widened in shock.

Holy shit, is that....BANE'S THAT STRONG!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

As if Supergirl being in Gotham wasn't strange enough, her being injured and struggling to get up while Bane tears the street and stuff up, clearly trying to bait someone out kind of worries me about the coming fight

I quickly ran over to the down hero and picked her up, carrying her a safe distance away. I set her down on a rooftop and she looked at me, confused.

"Who are you? You definitely don't look like a Larfleeze." She said.

"I'm Avarice. You certainly look like a Supergirl. Damn, if Bane did that to YOU of all people..." I started.

"U-uh, thanks? Don't worry. If you're as strong as Green Lantern than Bane won't be too much for you. He got the best of me because of his kryptonite infused venom. I think he's trying to kill Superman." She said.

"Why are you in Gotham anyway? Aren't you from Metropolis?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I saw Bane on the news and since I owe Batman, I was hoping to do him a favor." She explained.

"Wow, you really are a Super girl, huh? Do you think when this is dealt with I can get your number?" I asked.

"Depends on if he kicks your ass or not." She answered.

I grinned and stood up, looking down on the less successful El Chapo. I whistled loudly and he looked up at me, before narrowing his eyes.

"Hey Bane. Long time, no see! Small world am I right? You remember me don't you? Because I sure as hell remember you." I said, smile dropping, leaving behind a pissed off expression.

"I don't remember many I work with, but you certainly left an impression." He said.

"Woah, a celebrity remembers me!"

"Think of me less as a celebrity and more as a undertaker, because I'm taking you straight to your grave." He said, causing me to laugh at him.

"In that case, call me the chiropractor, because I'm about to make everything in you pop." I said, dropping to the street, staring the villain down.