CHAPTER 3- The Silent Lioness

Riya's POV

I gathered all my courage and tried to calm my racing heart which was thumping so loudly that anyone could hear my heartbeats. 'Come on Riya, you are not entering a lion's den, it's just a room'. I twisted the knob cautiously and walked in. It looks like an earthquake had just hit this room. Everything was scattered, a broken vase, cracked classics, and all the accessories on the floor. He was standing near the dressing table with his eyes red in anger and a vase that he was about to throw in his hands. He probably had stopped seeing me enter the room. It seemed like he was frustrated and tired of the situation and I was just watching him to figure out his next move. My ears were pierced by a loud voice.

"What are you looking at?.... Am I a beast?.... You and your family have ruined my life. She said yes to the wedding and ran away and you said yes and tried to compensate" he said taunting me.

He walked two steps towards me and stopped, then asked, "Is this a joke? Am I supposed to laugh or be happy that at last I have got married?"

"Wait, did you marry me or the business king, Siddarth Roy? " He widened his eyes and raised his finger towards me. Before I could speak he answered himself.

"Of course, the businessman Siddarth Roy, to keep the business deal between the companies alive, or else nobody would agree to marry a stranger within a few minutes," he shouted.

I was listening to him quietly as I knew he had faced betrayal and I could understand his situation so I just said "Calm down" in a soft tone.

He said "After your sister destroyed my life and made it a living hell you are asking me to calm down" in a frustrated tone.

Suddenly a message popped on my phone screen capturing my attention and I rushed to check my phone which I don't know how landed on the bed, leaving his one-sided conversation in the middle. I saw Veena's message saying she had reached the mansion. I turned around to find him shooting daggers at me through his eyes. I gave a blank look, unable to understand why he was looking at me like that. He started walking toward me and my heart started to beat loudly.

He came towards me and grabbed my wrist and twisted it behind my back. I thought 'ouch, is he mad, what is he doing?' but I calmed myself down and chose to remain silent. I knew he was disturbed and I know the pain of betrayal.

"If you don't check your phone for a minute will the earth turn upside down?" he growled, snatching my phone from my hands. I didn't know what to say.

"I got it........It must be regarding your business....one sister is concerned about a contract and the other is concerned about a business deal. Is it all that you and your family know? Do you eat business in your meals?" He continued.

I chuckled in my mind. He speaks anything in anger and I don't know from where he gets such silly thoughts. He has already assumed that I was doing some significant business work on my phone. His anger increased at my silence and he thought I was ignoring him.

"Leave me alone and get out of this room" he ordered and I quietly left the room as I was just waiting for an opportunity to meet Veena. It can't be denied that he is quite rude.

I found Veena waiting in the lobby and I ran toward her and asked, "Why are you late? I was dying to meet you."

"I am not late, it's just you were impatiently waiting for my arrival," she said, pulling me into a hug.

I smiled and hugged her back. She always understands me, and she can read me perfectly. As we headed to the outhouse, she tried to prevent me from stepping in. She had to comply after I insisted. As she closed the door my eyes became wet as I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. This day was like a nightmare for me. A forced marriage with a man who loves my sister, the absence of my mother, and leaving my home behind was hard on my heart. I cried my heart out in her lap. I don't remember when I dozed off to sleep.