| 41 |

THE
thud of the soft snow hitting Draco's dark blue umbrella was heavier as they stood. Catherine had to hug herself, bouncing from one feet to the other in order to keep herself warm. He pulled Catherine close to him so that her shoulders wouldn't get wet by the snowflakes. They were both standing outside Greg and Gabby's house, waiting for someone to get the door.

  "This is ridiculous." Draco muttered.

  "Stop complaining." Catherine told him, hooking her arm around his. "You promised."

  "I'm starting to think this is not a good idea." He replied.

  "No, this is good. I meet your friends now you meet mine." Catherine stated matter-of-factly.

  Draco sighed, puffs of air surrounding his lips. "My friends like you by default, you brought them food. Your friends think I'm a crazy untrustworthy death eater that likes to kill people for free."

  "Hey, give them more credit." Catherine stood on her tiptoes and helped brush away a snowflake that landed on his eyebrow. "You're fighting for the right side this time and that is all that matters. Plus, you are bringing them food."

  Catherine pointed to the brown paper bag that was on his shoulders.

  "Yeah, food that you cooked." Draco deadpanned and grumbled again, it made her laugh. He could really be a big baby if he didn't get his way, it was adorable.

  "How old are they again?" Draco asked.

  "Five years old today." Catherine smiled. She knocked on the door again a few times.

  Draco gave her a nod. "I want three."

  "Of what?" Catherine asked, while she desperately tried to peek in through the window part of the door. It was too frosted to see anything.

  "Children. I want three, or at least more than one. Being a single child is just too lonely." He said like it's the most casual thing to say.

  Catherine's head turned instantly at his words. She looked at him with her mouth open, "What... I mean-"

  "Don't you think so? You're an only child too. I think two boys and a girl would be nice. The boys could play with each other and they could both protect their sister."

  "You thought about it?" Catherine finally asked.

  He shrugged. "You make me want to think about the future."

  "But who will your daughter play with if she's the only girl?"

  "With you of course. I want her to have what you and your mother have." He gripped her shoulders tighter. "Besides, one daughter is plenty to handle, with the men trying to get to her and all."

  Catherine stared at him like he was talking in parseltongue. She really didn't know what to say. Well, what do you say to that? She never really thought about what would happen in a year from now, let alone getting married and having children. Truthfully, she was scared to think about it. She didn't want to put her expectations in life far too high, because she knew how much it would hurt if it didn't turn out that way.

  "You alright?" Draco asked her, pulling her out of her stupor.

  "Yeah, I just never really thought about it." Catherine knocked on the door again. What is taking them so long to open the bloody door?

  He placed a soft kiss on her head. "I scared you didn't I?"

  Catherine wanted to say yes. It scared the hell out of her that he was thinking so far ahead. She was happy that he did, but didn't think she deserved to feel that way.