heart filled craters

we lie under the gossamer silk skies sipping on empty hearts and waxing moons

we lie under the gossamer silk skies sipping on empty hearts and waxing moons. i dream of you fading into the frigid cerulean waters, lilacs sprouting from your deflated lungs and sugar syrup seeping between your lips.you think we're in love, but really its just dependency. i bleed and ache and beg for you, but you don't seem to care. you scream and shout for me to come back, but i've already left this concrete jungle with its desolate buildings and crushed dreams.

i) we can't love

don't you see what we had was never love, love isn't something that we were ever capable of. we are just hollow skeletons, devoid of warmth. our hearts pump cyanide tainted blood while we breathe the noxious air that corrodes our corrupted lungs. darling, we can never love.

ii) we both depend on different drugs

you find solace in white lines and juniper absinthe, you fill the voids in your heart till you become numb, till your eyes become kaleidoscopes. i seal all my wounds with honeyed words and rustic poetry, till my eyes are clouded with the mist of phantasmal worlds. you drown yourself to feel nothing, but i drown myself to feel something.

iii) the anatomy of our hearts is flawed

our hearts were designed to fill the craters of our bones, not to burst with sunflower love. our hearts were just a matrix for eternal emptiness and flouride desolation. darling, we use our hearts as consolation for our tethered excuse of an existence. even these crumbling edifices will outlive our washed out bodies.

i know you'll run after me and i'll beg and yell again till my voice runs hoarse; but we can never love the turbid gray waters that swim in each other's bodies.