Chapter Nineteen: Cade

The Bell signalling the end of last period shoots through Katie's head, making her wince, her headache screaming in protest. It didn't help that she was slightly hung over from her night of Partying with Melina and Cade. Not only did they party hard with her favorite "Medicine" but Cade had brought Vodka and Katie had guzzled it down like it was soda, trying to erase the pain of Han's revelation out of her memory. For a while it had worked, but the only way to forget it was to get so stoned that the Family was finally starting to notice that something was up. Luckily she was able to pass it off as drunk and they chalked it up to being a teenager. Han seemed the only one NOT buying it as drinking and everytime she caught him staring at her she was shocked at the intense concern she saw in his eyes, but whenever she thought of him his revelation of her brother rises up and her anger took full swing once again. Shaking her head she slowly gets up from her desk and leaves her history class, heading toward her locker. After a few tries she finally manages to open it and grabs her stuff, ready to just get home. When she shuts the locker a yelp of shock escapes her as she notices Cade on the other side.

"Last day of school You excited?" He says waggling his eyebrows making her smile. Since meeting him at the Rave months ago Katie had started to get to know Cade. He was 18 and stood back in first grade, the reason he was only a junior turning senior like her. His blonde hair was buzz cut short and his blue eyes were like the sky on a sunny day, crystal clear and so deep you could get lost in them. He had that boyish grin and high cheek bones, a small nose and a killer body building body, abs and all. He sold Coke on the side, so he could save the money for college when he finally graduated, He was a smart kid getting mostly A's with an occasional B. With the money he got from his Extra activities He was able to buy himself good clothes and look professional and stylish everyday. When he had invited them to his house she had expected to show up in the rich part of town and stop in front of a nice two story town house. Instead they pulled up in front of a dingy one story house that was falling apart at every turn. Once she saw the house she figured that his parents were similar to hers, but she was dead wrong. His mother had died when he was a baby and even though his father was away alot for work when ever he was home he showed his son the love a child deserved from their parent, it made Katie jealous, wishing her father had been kind like his. Katie shakes her head and gets rid of all the thoughts swirlling around in her brain, smiling up at him.

"Hell yeah I'm excited, this means one more year and then I am FREE!" she says earning one of his boyish grins. He slings an arm around her shoulders and tugs her int he direction of the door kids with cars use to get to the parking lot. "Um Cade I need to get to my bus before I miss it." She says trying to slip out from under his arm. He just tightens it and keeps going, exiting the door with Katie in tow.

"No you don't, you and me are hanging out and celebrating this fine last day." He states matter of fact. Her grin widens and she nods. Fishing her cellphone out of her pocket she texts Dom letting him know her plans, his reply is instant.

Bryan, Mia,Letty, and I r @ movies, Han @ work, keep the house clean and you can chill there.

"Hey Cade we can go to my house if you want." She states reading the text. She knew that Cade hated being in that house all alone and often he would crash at Melina's, but due to the fact that Melina had the Flu her parents said he could stay until he was better. He nods his thanks to her and gives her a side hug. using the arm that he refused to take off her shoulders, but she didn't mind, she found it oddly comforting. When they reach his car he lets go so he can unlock the door opening it wide so she can scoot across to the passenger side.

"Passenger side door wont open sorry" He explains when she starts walking that way. She smiles and indicates he should go first.

"How About I drive?" She asks dramatically crossing her fingers so he can see, silently pleading for him to say yes. He just shrugs his shoulders and gets in first, settling into the other seat. "YES!" she exclaims and hops into the driver seat, taking the keys from him when he holds them up, he chuckles.