Twenty-Five

Leah

"Are you going to tell him?" Kayla asked.

I twirled my fingers as my hands laid in my lap. "Um, probably not."

"Are you sure? This will be your last chance." She said with concern.

"I think it might be better that way. If he didn't know." I said looking up from my textbook in front of me.

We were currently in my living room trying to study for our upcoming exam. Key word, trying.

Something was looming above us for the past couple of weeks and that was the fact that Nate, our best friend, was moving to Florida.

He wasn't just our best friend.

He is my first love.

Every since we were in the kindergarten up until now we've always been close. Inseparable you could say. I don't know when it turned into love, but one day I looked at him and knew that I was in love. I think a part of me always liked him, but I just brushed it off till I couldn't anymore.

"You know he's leaving tomorrow morning, right? This is literally your last chance." Kayla added.

I groaned and slammed my head into my textbook. "I should tell him, shouldn't I?"

"At least you would get it off your chest and if he rejects you we can always hang him upside down on that huge oak tree in the park."

I chuckled.

"Who knows, he might just feel the same." Kayla added.

Could he?

Maybe?

I was lost in my thoughts for a few moments until car keys landed in front of me.

Kayla didn't say anything, but just nodded towards the door.

The only way to find out is to confess myself.

All these feelings I've had for such a long time.

I grabbed the keys and my wallet. "I'll be back soon!" I yelled from the door entrance.

"Come back with your man!" Kayla yelled back as I closed the front door.

I shook my head in amusement at her remark and hopped into the car.

A few minutes later and I pulled up to the Rylan's house. Parked in front were two huge moving trucks. Workers were loading items onto them.

I walked up towards the front door only to come face to face with Nate and a box.

"Whoa, careful." He said as he looked over to me. "Leah, what are you doing here?"

Nate's light brown hair was brushed across his forehead and slightly damped from sweat. His sweatshirt was rolled up to his elbows showing off his tan forearms.