Chapter Forty-Five: Moving Forward

-chapter forty-five-

THIRD PERSON

Marcella was peacefully dancing with the Beast's attacks when Gaston arrived.

Lumabas ito mula sa corridor ng dungeon na nanlilisik ang mga mata sa magkahalong galit at saya. His hand was clenched in a fist and he went straight for the Beast. Dahil sa pagkagulat ay panandaliang nawala sa atensiyon ang babae.

Marcella moved quickly to push Gaston away but the Beast beat her to it. He furiously threw the human boy towards the other side of the hallway. Gaston let out a pained gasp when his back collided against the wall, the frames hanging beside him trembling at the force.

Sino ba ang nagpalabas sa lalaking ito?, Marcella briefly thought. Alam niyang hindi ito ang party ni Wes dahil kompleto silang lumabas kanina. Still, she didn't notice or see anyone come in.

Surely, wala naman sigurong ibang tao may kakayahang pawalain ang presensiya 'gaya ni Finn.

Gaston snatched the frame beside him and threw it towards the charging Beast. Nasira agad ito at nahulog sa sahig. But it was enough to slow the Beast down for a bit, because the frame edges keeps hitting his eyes.

Marcella can't help but admire Gaston's quick thinking. His evilness in the fairytale wasn't really exaggerated, even the tale of his betrayal in here. Kayang-kaya niyang i-flip ang mga sitwasyon para umayon sa kaniya.

A resounding clap made Marcella turn around. Umangat ang kilay niya nang makita ang babaeng nakatayo sa pintuan ng dungeon. A black hoodie covered her face, but from the black hair that appeared and the clothes similarly worn by Sparrow in all her in-game characters, Marcella instantly knew who she was.

Hindi niya inakalang ito ang magpapalabas kay Gaston.

"You were acting lowkey for the past cities. Why did you plan to show up now?" tanong ni Marcella.

"Kilala mo na ba siya?" the smirk was evident in her voice.

Marcella perfectly knows who she was talking about. Nagdadalawang-isip siyang tumango.

"I have a guess." sinulyapan niya ang naglalaban sa gilid. "Why did you let him out? You're messing with our quest."

"I wanted to see something."

The sounds of footsteps started to grow. Marcella eyed the right side of the hallway which had multiple presence approaching. Nang maramdamang malapit na ito ay sumama siya sa laban na nagaganap. Marcella positioned herself between Gaston and the Beast, protecting the latter from the former's attack.

Sa ganoong paraan siya nakita nina Theo. They were about to help Marcella in keeping Gaston away from the Beast, nang may mahagip ang mata nila. Sa mismong daanan papunta sa dungeon ay nakatayo ang isang babaeng mukhang si Sparrow.

Sapphire eyes widened. "Si... Sparrow? Pero akala ko hindi siya naglalaro nito?"

At that point, three other players arrived. Oliver was helping the stubborn Caspian who kept on saying that he could already walk. Sa unahan nila ay ang isang iritadong Eura na bumubulong ng mga planong pagpatay niya kay Kairo.

Sabay ring natigilan ang tatlo nang dumapo ang mata nila sa babaeng nakatayo. It was indisputable. The black hoodie and the black hair that appeared, as well as how the girl leaned on the doorway. It really looked like Sparrow, especially in her avatar - kung saan lang nila nakita ang dalaga.