Chapter Twenty-Seven: Strained Acceptance

"KATIE TURN DOWN THE MUSIC!" Letty Screams, banging on Katie's door, which was the only barrier between her and the blasting dubstep music, the thumping base of some unrecognizable band vibrates in her ears. When no answer come she pushes her way into the room to find Katie sitting on her bed painting her nails. Looking up she Glares at Letty before going back to painting her nails. Tired of screaming over the music Letty stomps over to her sound system and rips her Ipod off the connector, Katie springs off the bed in responce.

"What the Fuck!" She screams. Letty stills, her eyes narrowing, arms crossed.

"Don't you dare take that tone with me. Your music is too loud the rest of us have to shout just to hear one another!" She snaps throwing the IPod on the bed. "If you want to listen to that shit use your earphones." Katie just glares at Letty , hatred oozing out of every pore.

"Get out of my room" She says in a quiet voice. The tone and distance in her voice makes Letty stall, shock entering her eyes, Katie just stares at her, her own arms crossing in front of her chest. "Are you deaf? I said Get out of my room."

"Is this really how you want to act?" She asks softy, hesitation entering her voice. Katie walks past her and kicks open the door wider, making a dramatic gesture of showing her the hall. Letty pales, a small gasp escaping her. "Katie why are you doing this? Why are you acting so cruel. You barely look Dom in the eyes, you refuse to talk to Bryan all together and you just ignore Mia. Why?" She says throwing up her hands, helpless. Katie just stares at her, not believing her own ears.

"Are you serious right now? Are you seriously asking me why I am pissed off at all of you? did you really forget what happened or are you just stupid?" She asks, her voice icy with hostility. Letty rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Give it up Katie, He's not coming back and that's Final." She says, "Move on." Katie walks up to her, grabs her wrist and yanks her to the door.

"Get the fuck out of my room Letty." She growls unable to stand the older women's presence any longer. Letty's eyes grow dark with anger.Yanking her hand out of Katie's grasp she opens her mouth to say something, But a deep booming voice from behind Katie stops her

" Katie Enough of this childish bullshit. When you have you're own kids you will understand! we are trying to protect you!" Dom says, his voice holding that sad tone of a parent who has grown tired of trying to get their child to see the big picture. Laughing a cruel Humorless laugh Katie Whips her head around to see Dom leaning against her open door, a stance so similar to Han she has to blink her eyes to keep the tears from falling. She wouldn't cry in front of these people She wouldn't. Everything inside her shuts down, everything but her anger. she takes a step toward Dom, her face a deadly mask of Rage.

"Trying to Protect me? That's a bunch of bullshit and you fucking know it. How is taking the ONE fucking person I trust, the ONE person I feel safe around, Protecting me? Huh? Han has helped me through more shit then you will EVER know," She hisses, her Rage choking her, "You're not protecting me Dom, You are tearing me apart, You lock me away in my room trying to keep you're perfect little angel away from the big bad wolf, but what you don't freaking realize is he is the one person in this whole fucking world that knows me inside and out. He is the ONE person I trust with my life." She says, spitting the words out her hands balling into fists at her sides as her breathing becomes ragged from anger. Something in her eyes Flash, showing the pain she feels inside, showing Dom a glimpse of the destruction this separation was causing her. What she didn't know is that with every word she said the love she held for Han shone through, screaming louder then any word she could ever utter.

Dom steps back, his eyes widening with utter shock. Everything about Katie, from her words, to her body language to her eyes showed that the feelings she had for Han weren't just a teenager in Lust, She really did love him. His mind flashes back to the day he found them together, he remembers how Han's eyes flashed when he told Dom to wake up and stop treating her like a child, His eyes flashed the same way Katie's were flashing right now. He realizes then that her feelings were not just one sided. He looks up at Katie and watches as walls of Steel clamp down behind her eyes and he knows that Katie was slipping away from him, that they were All losing her. His gaze flicks To
Letty who was silenting telling him to stay strong and looks at Katie again, Gulping when he finally sees the emotionless expression on her face, all traces of hate, anger or love wiped away. She just looks at Letty then back at Dom before pointing to the door.