fourty two; mr perfectly fine

"So I met Isabella Swan on her first day of high school, she was quite weird, didn't  talk much, was very boring on the eye

"So I met Isabella Swan on her first day of high school, she was quite weird, didn't  talk much, was very boring on the eye. But once I got to know her, I realised she was just as boring as she looked."

"Then why were you her best friend?"

Delilah looked up from her glass of wine (that was secretly 1% wine and 99% blood), and into the blue eyes of the girl in front of her. "I dunno." Why was Delilah Bella's best friend? I mean at the start it was because she had no choice, but in the end Delilah sacrificed her life for Bella. She adored that girl. "It was funny."

The American girl, Rosemary, nodded her head, "So what happened then?"

The brunette watched Rosemary's blonde curls bounce as she moved her head, if Delilah hadn't seen the girls face then she would have thought it was her ex-girlfriend.

"We got really close, but then she got a boyfriend. Things just changed from there really." There was a lot more to it, but Delilah couldn't exactly tell Rosemary about vampires and werewolves.

"I know boys aren't great, but what was wrong with her having a boyfriend?" Rosemary was nice, she wasn't interested in talking about her past. Delilah had asked her, moving forward she'd decided she needed to be more respectful of other people. Make sure they were happy too, seen as Delilah made everyone unhappy in Forks.

Delilah laughed, a sort of genuine laugh. But she'd never laugh like she used to again. "He just wasn't great. He never liked me. I'm not sure why though, everyone knows there's a lot to like about me." Delilah's arrogance would never disappear. "Maybe it was because I saw through his bullshit. All he did was gaslight her, and manipulate her. But she'd never see that, she loves him too much."

Rosemary took a sip of her drink, her eyes never leaving Delilah's as she lent down to reach the straw. "That's what men are like." She spoke once she swallowed, "That's why I don't like them anymore."

Now it was Delilah's turn to ask a question. She felt like she hadn't asked Rosemary many. And what type of date was Delilah if she didn't even know anything about the girl, even if Rosemary wasn't one for asking questions. "Have you dated one before."

"One." Rosemary laughed, it was a nice laugh. Delilah quite liked the sound. "You say it like it's some sort of creature!"

Now it was Delilah's turn to laugh, "You just called them it's!"

"Yeah, but you started it!"

This was nice. Delilah couldn't remember the last time she did this. She never even went on a date with Rosalie like this. And now she wished she did.

But there was no point in wishing that. It would never happen again. Delilah was never going back there, she couldn't do that to herself. More importantly she couldn't do that to Rose, or Bella. They deserved better than Delilah. All Delilah did was cause them trouble and stress. They didn't need that.

Rosemary didn't need that, so why had Delilah taken her out on a date?

"To answer your question though, no I haven't dated a man. I've always knew I was more the birds than the bees." Rosemary giggled at her own joke, Delilah did that. So did Rosalie. "What about you? Tell me your dating history."

"I've hooked up with boys in the past, but now I wouldn't even do that. I'm only interested in the birds now too. Unless they were Johnny Depp, Chris Evans or Chandler Bing." Delilah remembered telling Bella that once. "The last boy I was seeing was only because I was going through a bit of a rough patch. I tried to take my mind off stuff."

"Stuff like what?"

Now Delilah couldn't tell Rosemary the whole truth. "My ex-girlfriend."

"The girl you keep thinking about?"

Delilah's eyebrows shot up at Rosemary's words, how did Rosemary know that Delilah kept thinking about Rosalie? The brown eyed girl wasn't a vampire, which meant that she couldn't have a power. Unless witches were real or something.

"I'm not thinking about her."

A sort of sad smile fell upon Rosemary's face, "I know what people look like when they're thinking of the person I love. I've seen the same look on so many peoples faces." The blonde cast her eyes down, "I've had the same look on my face."

Delilah wasn't sure what to do. The mood had changed between the two. Rosemary was a happy girl, she'd been laughing and smiling probably the whole date. And she just had this positive aura about her, but that seemed to falter now, if that was even the right word to use. And now look what Delilah had done, she'd upset her. She'd ruined the date.

"I'm sorry."

Rosemary's eyes darted up at the words, "For what?"

For a few seconds, Delilah felt embarrassed, "I just.....I feel like I've ruined the night."

The same sad smile stayed on Rosemary's face, but it now offered Delilah more comfort. "Don't be silly, the night isn't ruined."

"Even if you say it's not, I still feel like I've put some negative energy on it." No matter what Rosemary said, Delilah would feel like the night wasn't as good as before now, "And I'm sorry for thinking of her while I'm with you.....I don't love her anymore. I wouldn't be here with you if I did, Rosemary."

"Call me Rose, no ones calls me Rosemary."

There was no way that Delilah could call her Rose. "Can I call you Mary instead? I think that's a beautiful name."

"Like Mary Austin, or Mary Jane."

"Mary Jane from Spider Man or Mary Jane from Scooby Doo?"

"Would you think I was weird if I said from Scooby Doo?" A sly smile was playing at Rosemary's lips.

"No!" Delilah laughed, her happy mood returning, "I love Scooby Doo. The films are just-"

"-exquisite." Mary interrupted, causing Delilah to laugh even more.

"Yes, exquisite!" As her laughter died down, Delilah asked another question. "When you said Mary Austin, did you mean Freddie Mercury's Mary?"

"Of course. I love Freddie Mercury."

"So do I!"

Delilah hadn't felt like this since she was human. It was like when she was hanging out with Bella, and Maya was her best friend and sister. She felt innocent.

Right now she wasn't a murderer who was considering joining the Volturi again. She wasn't a heartbroken girl who had made the woman she loved miserable.

She was just Delilah.

She wasn't even Delilah George. Delilah George was a cold hearted bitch, who acted like she was better than everyone. And while Delilah still believed she was better than everyone. Some part of her felt like Mary, was almost equally as good.

Mary was innocent. She was kind and happy and full of love. She was everything that Delilah needed.

this wasn't what i was planning on writing but i deleted the chapter and just went with this. it's short and sweet, but it's a good step for delilah. also hope u can see how she tried to pick someone that looked like rose, but someone that acted nothing like her??

anyway, so sorry for how long it took me to update:(