Chapter Thirty Eight

"I have an interview at McCarthy and Peterson this Thursday," Dan paused, "And if I get the job I'm going to take it."

"Oh," Tucker said, "Well.. Our loss will be their gain."

"You don't.. you don't sound mad," Dan rose an eyebrow as Tucker took a bite of his taco, "Aren't you going to lecture me?"

"You have two newborns, Dan," Tucker sighed, "I'm not a parent but I do know taking care of children is expensive as shit. Vanessa from down the hall was telling me the other day about her daughter's kindergarten fees and well, damn, I wonder what they're teaching in classrooms now-a-days."

"Wow. This went easier than I thought it would. Way easier." Dan whistled.

"Did you really think I would lecture you for wanting to provide for my niece and nephew?" Tucker shrugged.

"Are you ever plan—"

"If you're going to ask me if I'm thinking of interviewing for private firms then the answer is no. I'm right where I want to be." Tucker cut off Dan.

"Fair enough," Dan nodded, "Landon said he'd help me prepare for the interview since he's the one that referred me. I'm going over to his place after work, wanna come with? Landon said Isaac won't be there."

"Sure," Tucker said, "We'll stop by some liquor store to grab some beer."

"I'm going there to prepare, not drink." Dan said.

"Uh huh?" Tucker rose a brow.

"Okay. Maybe one beer won't hurt."

~~~

"Sing us a song you're the pianoman, sing us a song tonight!" Tucker, Dan and Landon sang along. They had shifted from beer to whiskey around an hour ago, and were now pretty buzzed.

"Fuck, I need to get home." Dan said, shaking his head trying to sober himself up.

"Get a cab," Landon said, "None of you can drive."

"Yeah," Dan nodded, "I'll pick up my car from here tomorrow after work."

"You can crash here if you want." Landon offered to Tucker.

"Nah, I texted Callum I'd come over for the night so I'll go with Dan." Tucker said.

"Man, isn't it convenient when your sister, best friend and boyfriend, all live in the same building?" Landon wondered.

"Sometimes, yeah." Tucker agreed as he yawned.

Tucker and Dan took a cab back together to Dan's apartment. As Dan got out of the elevator at his floor, the two best friends bid each other goodnight. Tucker promised he'd come over for breakfast in the morning to say hello to Paige and the babies.

Tucker rang the bell to Callum's penthouse, and the billionaire opened the door only in his sweatpants. Tucker smiled, pulling Callum closer and kissing him deeply.

"You look tired." Tucker commented.

"Long day at work." Callum yawned.

"Want to talk about it?" Tucker asked and Callum shook his head.

"It'll bore you. Right now I just want to hold you and fall asleep." Callum said, giving Tucker a lazy smile.