54. Fail

"Taehyung..." I trailed off, the gun aimed at Miyoung's head. My left hand was quivering on the side. After gaining aim, I put the rest of my focus on stopping my right hand from quivering. It was a horrible idea to kill Miyoung. "Are you sure? This can have serious consequences."

"I know, but it's best if we get rid of our main problem," Taehyung replied, glaring at the seemingly amused platinum blond witch on the other side of the bars.

"Do it," Miyoung provoked. I took a deep breath, pushing away my feelings and all thoughts. I glared at her. She was no longer a living entity, she was a mere target in my eyes. My aim steadied, my vibe changing entirely as my mentality changed to that of Nighter's. "Go on. You know you want to."

"Stop!" I heard from the entrance of the staircase. I could hear Seokjin's feet rushing down the steps followed by Jimin's footsteps. My finger retreated against the trigger, pulling it. The bullet left the gun, the recoil was painless. I could feel the Cylinder inside the gun rotate, placing a new bullet, ready to be fired. I emotionlessly tilted my head in observation as the bullet stopped before her. Using his powers, Jimin stopped the bullet and gently nudged me back into Taehyung as Seokjin rushed his way over to us.

"Seokjin-" Taehyung started, but Seokjin cut him off with a glare.

"I'll deal with the two of you later. I'll clear things here," he ordered. Jimin intertwined our hands and pulled me towards the stairs. "Jimin, go to your room. Taehyung and Nighter, go to my room."

"Taehyung and I planned it," Jimin cut in. I frowned at his stupidity. Why would he say that? "Taehyung and I dragged Nighter in. He has nothing to do with all this."

"And he tried to execute it. Go to my office. Now," Seokjin said in a stern voice. Jimin gently tugged at my hand, clearly guilty.

-

"What on earth were you thinking?" Seokjin exclaimed, slamming his office doors shut. I inhaled a sharp breath and tensed up while Jimin and Taehyung flinched. "I gave you strict orders. From Nighter, I expected this, not from the two of you."

Understandable. "Why is he acting like my mother?" Jimin mindlinked Taehyung and I. I sighed.

"She needs to die," I said. "I know I haven't been around long enough to give substantial input, but I know enough to know that she has killed people in the past, and is even held accountable for abuse."

"We don't have proof of anything of the sort," he replied.

"Yoongi is more than enough proof, don't you think?" Jimin pointed out. "Everyone knows the truth, so why are you so resistant to doing what's right? You have executed people in the past for reasons smaller than Miyoung's crimes."

"Execution of an assassin is different than-" I cut Taehyung off.

"Keep in mind that I still am an assassin. With the right payment and reason, I would kill anyone," I said. "Why do you think I agreed to killing Miyoung?"

"You said you wouldn't kill anyone," Seokjin said. "You promised Yoongi."

"I promised Yoongi that I wouldn't use my dagger to cause harm. I said nothing about not killing for the right reason. If you're going to do what my Queen did, I will kill. Assassins are paid killers and have a target. Murderers and assassins run along the same path. So don't give me that bullshit."

"Jungkoo-" Seokjin started.

"It's Nighter for you. Don't think you can call me anything you want just because we had a bonding moment yesterday. I prefer Nighter, and that's what I will respond to," I cut in. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I tended to be very agitated whenever my target didn't die. Excluding the situation including Miyoung, I had missed a shot only once before, and it didn't end well for me. That momentary feeling of being incompetent almost pushed me over the edge until I shot again, successfully eliminating my target. Not being able to kill Miyoung brought that feeling back. The previous time had almost pushed me over the edge. If Lana hadn't stopped me, I was sure that I wouldn't be alive. "Seokjin, if you don't do something, your country will fall."

"Just give me time, alright? I have a plan," he said.

No he didn't. He wouldn't have kept it from Jimin and Taehyung if he did.