Chapter 5, Identitys

"Hi." That's all I could manage when I saw them. It was all the Avengers (plus some)and... Peter?

"Peter? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for the shipintern? No the uh, internship."

At the mention of that I became worried. "Um, is Flash here?" I said quietly.

"No why would Flash be here?" He looked confused and came closer to me. I took a few steps backwards and Peter stopped when he saw me retreating.

"I gave him the certificate and internship papers." I responded, glancing nervously at Mr. Stark.

I watched as the others got out of the elevator before it could close. Unconsciously I took some more steps backwards. There was too many of them.

"Why would you give him the papers?" Stark asked.

I tried to respond in a matter of fact voice, but it came out more of a question. "Because I'm nice?"

Thankfully one of the twins started crying. I knew instantly that she needed to eat. Then I remembered that the Avengers were still standing in front of me.

"Could I have a separate room so I can feed her?"

Mr. Rogers nodded and as I looked at the others they all had different expressions. Some of them looked angry, a few confused and others hurt. I wasn't really sure where these emotions were coming from. I didn't do anything.

They clicked the button on the wall beside the elevator and it opened. We all got in, me pressing myself up against the wall of the elevator.

"We're your soulmates." Mr. Barnes stated quietly.

"I know. Sorry."

"Wait, what are you sorry about? Also can I have my cloak back?" Mr. Strange questioned. I hadn't even noticed that the cloak was resting on my shoulders, covering the now silent baby.

"I'm sorry that you're stuck with someone like me and also I don't know how to give you your cloak."

They all looked at me like I had lost my mind.

"Do you think that we're disappointed in the mate we got? Because that is far from what we're thinking." Mr. Rogers said.

"I am going to warn you right now, but please don't ask any questions after. I come with multiple problems and also two babies. There are people trying to find me but I don't know exactly what they want except for the fact that they want me dead. According to them neither me nor the twins should have existed in the first place."

Mr. Stark and Peter both opened their mouths to say something but I stopped them with a raised hand.

"If you are going to ask a question about what I just said. Don't. I just got evicted from my house and will probably lose my job because I didn't show up to work. So I don't want to answer tons of questions right now. I will leave if necessary and only a select few of you could possibly stop me."

I felt what seemed to be a small tapping on the inside of my head. I instantly knew what, no, who it was. Narrowing my eyes, I single her out.

"While I appreciate the fact that you didn't ask any questions Miss Maximoff, could you refrain from trying to dig in my head. I know you're not going to get anywhere and its also rude. I may only be 16, but I'm not stupid."

Everyone looked at me in surprise but for some reason Dr. Strange and Miss Maximoff seemed less so. The door to the elevator opened and I stepped out.

"I'm assuming there's a room on this floor that I can use?"

"Yes. First door on the right. If you need anything or one of us just ask Friday." Tony said. The rest of the Avengers dispersed. Some staying in the elevator, Bucky and Steve heading into a different room, Strange going through an orange portal.