Chapter Forty

Eleanor and Queenie were about to deliver coffee when suddenly, Queenie stopped in her tracks and let the tray crash to the floor. 

"Q what the hell was that for?" Eleanor looked at her funny, but could see in her eyes that something was terribly wrong. 

"Tina's in trouble." She barely whispered and grabbed Eleanor's arm to run back through the hall. They made their way down to the main floor and Queenie looked around until they heard an elevator ding and saw a man holding onto Jacob walking towards them. Queenie went to catch up with them. 

"Hey Sam!" Queenie said cheerily while bouncing over to him. 

"Hey Queenie, they need you downstairs." Was how he greeted her. 

"I'll obliviate this guy." She tried to say. 

"You ain't qualified." Sam replied while still holding onto a horrified Jacob. Queenie had a devilish smirk on her face when she said the next thing. 

"Hey, Sam. Does Cecily know you been seeing Ruby?" She asked while eyeing the pretty girl across the room. 

"How did you?" He tried questioning her. 

"Let me obliviate this guy and she'll never hear about it from me." She quickly said which made the man give in and give Jacob over to her. They quickly walked away. 

"What are you doing?" Jacob questioned. 

"Hush. Teen's in trouble, I'm trying to listen." She said in a hushed tone. "Where's Newt case?"

"I think that guy Graves took it." He replied and Queenie motioned for the both of them to follow her. 

"You're not going to obliviate me?" He asked her. 

"Course not, you're one of us now." She smiled at him and they went towards Grave's office. She tried using multiple spells to open it, but nothing would make it budge. 

"Hang on, I've got something." Eleanor said while taking Poppy out of her hair and letting her into the lock. She was able to pick it quickly and they grabbed Newt's case and their wands. They booked it out of there and ran to find them and almost immediately bumped into the pair. 

"Get in," Queenie said while placing the suitcase on the ground. They all climbed into the case, including Eleanor. Newt checked on his creatures and left the room while leaving Eleanor, Tina, and Jacob in the shed. Not wanting to be in the same room as Tina, Eleanor quickly left to go find Newt. 

"Hey you," She said while sneaking up behind him. He turned around and smiled at her. 

"Hey," He said and gave her a hug. 

"Are you going to tell me what happened or?" She tried saying sympathetically. 

"Not here," He said while eyeing the shed. 

"Was it... her?" She mouthed and knew he understood what she meant and nodded. She kept her mouth shut, not wanting her to be able to hear them. They heard a knock come from above so they made their way out. They were on a roof of some apartment complex. Queenie and Jacob were talking by the pigeon coop while Tina talked to Newt. Eleanor realized that she felt awkward just standing around. She didn't want to interrupt anyone, but she was also frustrated and wondered why Newt was being so nice to Tina. 

"There's only one more creature missing, Dougal." She heard Newt say and she turned around at the mention of Dougal's name. She couldn't help but sigh. This might take a while. 

"Dougal?" Tina questioned and laughed. It really wasn't funny. 

"Problem is, is that he's invisible." Newt admitted.