𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 13

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Squeaking sounds of shoes roam around the gym, along with the sound of volleyballs hitting the floor and the palms of the players continuously.

As usual, you're sitting in the gym, watching your teammates play and actively taking notes of it.

You stuck out the lollipop stick from your mouth and look at your captain who's practicing his serves like a maniac. A little upset, you squint your eyes at the younger players instead.

Noticing the ball being slammed down perfectly by the first year as Matsukawa's block somehow missed it, you raise your brows and mentally take notes of that, making sure to praise him later.

"Break time, guys!" You announce. The team let out a relieved sigh before jogging over to the side of the court, each grabbing their own water bottles before drinking desperately in dehydration.

You flinch when someone aggressively sits down next to you. Looking downward to your side, you see Kunimi sitting there, his eyes are full of frustration,

"Kunimi-kun? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," he sighs and you immediately kow what's wrong.

You get up to sit down on the floor right next to him and smile softly, "Volleyball is frustrating, isn't it?"

"Eh? Well, yeah..."

"Hmmmm. You know, many people don't notice whether they're getting better or not. As someone who's been watching over a volleyball team for years, I can tell who's improving, and you are improving. Look at the spike just now that went right past Matsukawa! You've never done it before so of course you're improving. 10 points to Kunimi Akira-kun~" you say in a cheerful tone, hoping it would encourage the boy in some way. And of course, you meant it, it's not just so he could cheer up, but his skills are really improving.

Kunimi stares at you for a good while before a smile slips onto his face and you gasp surprisingly at the sight. Although you feel like you've gotten closer to him during the past few days somehow, this is the first time that you ever see his smile.

"Thanks, senpai."

"Kunimi-kunnnn, you look so adorable when you smile!"

"No, I really don't..."

The black l-haired boy quickly looks away and mumbles to himself. He then turn to you again but with a flushed cheeks this time.

"Y/n-senpai, do you have some time after practice?"

"Mmm, yes. Why?"