Chapter 56

(author's note: Hiii guys! I usually don't do these, like at all, but I have some things to share!

First of all, thank you so much for all the love on Lustra! Your constant reads, likes, and comments make me smile!

Second of all, I don't typically do songs for the chapters but this chapter I stringy recommend to listen to 'New Americana' by my queen Halsey.

Third, I have a TikTok account dedicated to my fanfics, especially lustra where I post fun little videos, making the chapters come alive! I even posted a cast list that was very similar to 'friends'. Feel free to follow me on there @purelustra

Lastly! If you did not know, I actually have an aesthetics business on Etsy where I post different photo wall collages, polaroids, and more (coming soon) for different fandoms, mostly Harry Potter and would love your support on there! The handle is @aestheticsbycait and if you message me on there, saying you came from Wattpad I will offer you 20% off as well as add you to my 'close friends' list where I most a ton about Lustra!

Again, thank you for the support, love you all! <3)

Friday morning before classes, Fred left his room in silence after he realized Luke and Lee had already left for the day and George was still asleep.

Fred made his way into the common room, looking around to be careful he didnt see Elle. He wasn't trying to avoid her, but he knew that seeing him was painful for her. Never in Fred's life would he think he was a bad person, sure, he played tricks on people, sometimes swore and raised his voice, but it was never malicious or intended to hurt anyone... but now he couldn't help but feel like he was truly bad. He broke Elles heart, Elle, the girl whom he loved more than anyone else, who loved him in return 100%, he no longer had and he couldn't blame anyone but himself. He knew it was messed up for him to still want to see Elle, and even talk to her as she was hurting, but he was hurting too.

He had never missed anyone as he missed her, and that included George.

He continued into the common room, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw that only Lee and a few second years were in there. He hastily made his way towards Lee, taking a hesitant seat across from him.

"Hiya Fred!" Lee chirped, sending him a grin.

"Hey Lee..." Fred nodded, honestly unsure where he stood in the friend group. He knew that Jackson and Luke were a lot closer with Elle, so if it came down to sides they would choose hers and Fred didnt want to make them have to choose and instead distanced himself on his own. He knew the girls would choose Elle as well as they were mostly her friends, Fred knowing he would never hang out with them on their own... well not really.

George was the only one who had to take Fred's side, and even then, Fred wasn't convinced George would if it came down to it. George and Elle were best friends and Fred wouldn't want either of them to lose that friendship because of him.

Lee was the last one left. And even if he and Lee had been best friends for years, he knew that Lee would give him an earful over how badly he messed up while also maintaining the friendship as he, Lee, and George have formed a trio in their first year.

"How are you feeling?" Lee asked as Fred shrugged.

"Fine, I guess. I see you are the only one not icing me out." Fred bitterly laughed.

"Oh come on mate, you know why she's upset..." Lee tried to say as Fred nodded, cutting him off.

"I do, and, to be honest, so am I." Fred sighed out.

"So then why did you do it?" Lee asked.

"I thought at the moment I was doing it for Elle. Two people can only argue about the same thing so many times before they start to fall out of love and I guess I was scared she would stop loving me... so I took it into my own hands." Fred sighed out as Lee quirked a brow.