Chapter Eight

* * *

We reached the kitchen, and I saw Elise preparing breakfast. The girl in the mask leaves us.

"Good morning, ma'am Camilla." I took a glance at Elise, and a timid smile escaped.

"Good morning, can I help?" I approached her slightly; she smiled and nodded. I felt warm toward her. She looked at me wearing a smile.

"Yes, you can, "she continues slicing the cheese. Moments passed by, and the sudden voice had our attention dragged towards the doors.

"Who are you?' said the sophisticated woman standing on the doors and steps into the kitchen, looking at us back and forth. She took a glance at me, then took a look back at Elise.

"Camilla... right? So are you a new toy of my wife's game of this month?" I was stoned when I heard those words come out. I couldn't believe she had a wife, as I wanted to storm out of the kitchen as I could.

"Leave... her alone, Franchesca..." someone presence from the hallway. I recognized it's her "morning, my beloved sister!" She kissed Florence directly to her lips; it seems they were lovers and had never seen each other for years.

"You looked stunning! When was the last time you visited me? You do look more radiant this morning." I never saw that smile on Florence since I met her. "Elise prepared something for us," she said.

"I have to leave about half an hour; join breakfast with us, Camilla." I smiled politely at her before I followed them. I looked at Elise. "Go," she said, busy placing the food on the mini cart together with the other chambermaids.

"Camilla... meet my half-sister Franchesca... my apologies for her behavior," she said. Her sister smiled in a teased way at me for being playful.

"Uhm...nice to meet you, Franchesca..." taking my hands shaking slightly. I've noticed they have the same eyes and smiles—the first thing I've noticed with them both. They shared the same height, or maybe she was wearing stilettos to add a few inches.

Looking and observing them astoundingly stunningly, Florence wrapped her left arm around her waist as they walked, as well as Franchesca, and I silently followed them. We passed several paintings of the hallways. I felt like I'm living in the house of dolls. A living doll like I used to describe her. Living in this intimidating, huge, and luxurious mansion, it seems someone was looking at me secretly, literally.

But the good thing is they displayed landscape paintings and romantic scenery. I keep tracking them as long as I have a chance to remember where to go. This helps me serve this as a guide.

"Are you fond of those paintings, Camilla?" She looked upon me and turned her attention to the paintings. I stopped staring at the paintings, looking back towards them. "Uh, not that much, but I love to look at it closer." I stared at the floors, holding my breath nervous. She was such an elegant, sophisticated woman, and I am nothing compared to her. I felt so insecure when she kissed Florence in front of me; I felt like I was shrinking where I stood.

I have no right to complain about it. "Camilla... she is simply beautiful, my half sister. Florence speaks. I heard them talking about me, but I kept my distance to memorize the painting. I bit a smile off my heart; even she was a more sophisticated, more beautiful woman compared to me. She didn't forget to appreciate the true nature of beauty, like their painting collections.

We reached the landscaped garden shaded by the ivy, a table with four setters, and a small railing around heard of pouring water. Again, I took a glimpse when I followed them. A small pond greeted my eyes—my first smile since I had been kidnapped. I felt so weird.

I followed them, then tied me again to a bedpost—my worst nightmare I have been. Looking back at the mini pond, I remember childhood memories when I saw that pond not to look at my prince. I already have one, a princess. I used to hear that old fairy tale in my childhood days. But in my heart, I knew I didn't want a prince but a lovely princess.

I always want a princess; a child's imagination was so innocent and pure that nothing is impossible. Every night, I want my mom to read that story for me at such a young age before I sleep imagining my princess. I knew I liked women ever since I was a little.

Heard the rumbling of the cart's tiny tires, chambermaids approaching serving our breakfast, and I stared down. I can't look at them directly. I felt like I was supposed not to be here in this garden with them in this part of the mansion. I was supposed to be eating my breakfast on the balcony alone in my room in this doll mansion, like I used to call it.

The place and atmosphere settings are perfect for eating breakfast like a sanctuary. Thin sunlight greeted us, and I took the first bite of my food. I tasted savoured in my mouth, slightly chewing looking at them talking. "How was your clothing line business, my beloved sister...?" Franchesca asked, observing like me biting her food off her fork and asking with a grin.

I looked away. Maybe she caught me staring at her that way. God, I can't help but look at them. Holding tight on my fork and chewing my food slowly, "Same," I heard a timid voice in Florence. "Tell me, you caught your models making out again in the dressing room," she teased.

"Well, as far as I've known, on the last fashion show you had, I always heard that tone when you did catch them making out." Franchesca laughs at her, but Florence only responded with a smirk the first time I saw her that way, having a patient with her sister.

I felt like the skies open on us at any moment and the ground starts to shake. I felt so weird seeing them. I can't deny the feeling of attraction that I find always drags me to her. "So is there someone taking care of between your legs these days?" Franchesca took a look at me, and she looked back at Florence in a very naughty way. All of a sudden she laughs at Florence, seeing her facial expression.

She knows well how to get her under her skin, but Florence smirks again at her while continuing to chew her food. "So, is that a new trend of true love that can be found between legs digging deeper into it? Well, I think about it; I will propose to the board since the models are making out in my closet too." Franchesca still laughs at her. I only smiled when Florence looked at me deeply.

I was stoned, which caught me off-guard again. I felt like the ground continues shaking any time or any moment will open and eat me alive. "Come here, Camilla, and open it." Florence stared dead seriously at me. "What...!" with a quizzical look. I dropped my fork on the ground. Franchesca looked at me, still slightly giggling. "You heard..." she said with a serious tone.

I stood up, leaving my chair, and walked closer, standing in front of Florence. She held my hand, still having my wound and scars "spread.I opened my palm as she held it. I was so shocked when I recognized it. She placed my bracelet in the center of my palm.

"You dropped it somewhere, so now keep it safe." A smiled at me, looking at me that way. I was relieved to have that thought she would do that kind of act in front of her half-sister.