36

• 36 - ON THE ROAD TO •
Pandemonium, a place of destruction.

| Aeron's POV |

I parked the car outside an inn and me and Scythe get out of the car. We're at southwest Germany, bordering France to go to the place where we will find the sorceress, Liliana is talking about. Unfortunately, this village is the first place we need to go through.

We walked inside the inn with our bags. We have many stuffs with us since Liliana told us that we might stay out here for awhile. I don't know what she meant by that but when I found out where we're going.. I fully understand now.

I look around the lobby area as I stood in front of the supposedly reception counter. Is there any people in here?

"Hello?" I called out. I look at Scythe but he shrug his shoulders.

"Hello gentlemen."

My eyes snap at the woman or should I say an old lady behind the counter. Good thing I controlled myself before I can even summon a sword. Since when she got there? The old lady have a silky raven hair with also black eyes. My eyes quickly notice that she's holding a spindle.

"How can I help you?" she asked.

"We're here for a room." I answered and she nod her head. She grab a book from her desk and look through it. She stop at one of the pages and glances at us. She nod to herself before opening a drawer and grabbing a key.

"Here is your key." she handed me the key before pointing to my left. "My sister will bring you to your room." at my left, I saw another old lady. Same ravin hair and black orbs but definitely different person from the woman on the counter.

"Follow me gentlemen."

Me and Scythe look at each other before carrying our bags and follow the old lady up the stairs. There's something odd to this inn.

We stop in front of a room and the old lady gestures me to open it. Now I noticed she's holding a measuring rod. First thing I saw after swinging the door open is another old lady. Really. What's with the old ladies in this inn?

"Oh, we have guests." said the one inside the room. She move towards us and I also noticed she's holding a shears. "Welcome to our inn. May you have a happy stay here. Let's go sister." she said and gave us a smile before going with her sister. Wait.. the three of them are sisters?

Scythe close the door and dump his bag on one of the beds. "They're not gonna let us leave." he said.

"Yeah, I know. I figured that out just now." I sigh and mentally shook my head. Gods..

"When do we start?" he asked.

I turn my gaze at him. "Now."

°=°

"Where are you going?" the old lady from the reception counter asked.

"Outside. Look around the area." I answered while staring at her coldly.

Her eyes runs to our hands. "But why do you have your bags with you?" she asked again now walking out of the counter.

"Are you two leaving already?" the old lady who accompanied us earlier asked.

"Yes."

"You should know by now that you can't leave this place... demigods..." now the one we saw inside the room earlier spoke and stood beside her two more sisters.

Here we go.

I just gave them a cold stare and tilt my head on the side. This made them angry somehow.