13.

TW: Mention of Alcoholism

DISCLAIMER: if there are any people (other than Emery or Hawks) smoking, doing the unholy, etc they're add-in's I'm using for the plot none of them will be the MHA children.

I hate hawks but I'll try to not butcher the fuck out of him for the sake of writing. This chapter is going to switch povs at least 6 times so pay attention to that.

Do you guys like angst? I don't care take it anyways. /hj

Songs I think fit this chapter:

Emery's pov: Wish you were sober by Conan Gray and Motion sickness by Phoebe bridges

Midoriya's pov: Hopelessly devoted to you by (idk)

Enjoy the chapter!! :)

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Emery's pov:

I sat in front of the mirror deciding whether or not I actually wanted to wear the dress or not. Midoriya's motivational words only lasted for so long.

I was sitting on my bathroom floor and my motivation to move was nowhere to be found.

My hair was straightened. Mina thought it would be fun to put butterfly clips in it so I allowed her to put a bunch all around my head.

I was wearing the plain black spaghetti strapped dress I bought with Midoriya along with the fishnets I wore yesterday. I hadn't taken off the Saturn necklace, I'd gotten too attached.

Mina left for the party with Jirou at least 20 minutes ago and I couldn't bring myself to get off the floor.

What if they don't like me?

What if I look bad?

Does my hair look good enough?

I hope they like me. What will I do if they don't?

I put my face in my hands and tried to focus on my breathing. If I got too stressed I'd cry and I spent too much time on my makeup to ruin it now.

Just as I was about to cry my phone started ringing. I reached for it and saw the name, Midoriya.

I let it ring because I already knew what he was gonna say.

After it went voice mail he called again.

And again.

And again, until I eventually got sick of it and answered.

"Emery, seriously." Was the first thing he said to me. I could feel the disappointment in his voice and it made me feel bad, "You said you were coming."

I cleared my throat so he couldn't hear that I was on the verge of tears, "I'm coming. You're so impatient."

"When you say you're coming you're never actually coming."

"I'm coming."

He muttered something to someone else in the room before he started talking again, "With whose car?"