⇢ CHAPTER 87

content warning ! : lexie 
THE PARTIES

content warning ! : lexie THE PARTIES

"I'm confused." Holly admitted, momentarily glancing up from her patient's brain to land her eyes on Derek, who was casually reading an article on neurology his sister had recommended, "Aren't you supposed to be my maid of honor?"

Derek flipped a page as he nodded, "Yeah."

"...But Cristina is in charge of the events?" Holly pressed, squinting her eyes at the man before returning them to her task.

"Mhmm." Steve voiced, finishing to cast the patient's leg.

"What— how do you know before me?" Holly scoffed, frowning her brows, "Since when are you two friends?"

Steve began, "We—"

"We're not." Derek clarified, cringing lightly as he glanced at the man, "Sorry, Steve."

"No offense taken." Steve raised his hands in surrender, smiling lightly under his mask as he added, "I usually don't make friends with old men."

"Ancient." Holly corrected, chuckling as she saw Derek shake his head at her from her peripheral vision, "I'm keeping my five bucks."

"Come on." Steve groaned, remembering the terms of their bet, "I brought it up casually in a conversation!"

"You misquoted." Holly shrugged, "Again, why does Steve know before me?"

"Because the people getting married are usually last to know what's happening for their wedding events." Derek reasoned, "I didn't know my original wedding was going to become someone else's until the day of."

Steve chuckled as he joked, "I didn't know my wife would become my ex-wife."

Holly's eye twitched as she rose her head while Derek facepalmed as she spoke, "Now is the time you choose to bring up Megan?"

Derek shook his head and he mentioned, "We've been on a strict no-mentioning-bad-things-in-front-of-Holly rule or else she starts spiraling."

Steve frowned his brows as he commented, "She won't—"

"Oh, God." Holly's eyes widened as she spoke, "I don't think Jackson actually put fries on the menu— I-I can't get married without fries on the menu, even if I won't eat them because people usually don't eat at their weddings, but I need them—"

Derek sighed as he leaned back in his chair, "Told you."

"I'm not telling you." April deadpanned, scanning her eyes through the information on her clipboard as she felt her wedding rings tap against her chest from where they were bound with a paperclip as Jackson followed her, "Bother Holly or Alex— I'm busy."