Chapter 5 - From Roof to Roof (Technically Penthouse)

Chapter 5 - Introducing Flames! (AKA, -StrawberryDino- )
Warnings: Slight anxiety and confusion? But nothing too bad, I think
Third Person POV

Flames opened the window that went to their roof.

They liked their roof because they could go and sit on it and paint and listen to musicals.

Usually 'Dead Mom' from Beetlejuice.

It always came on.

Flames grabbed their paper and stuff and placed it onto the roof, out of the way of where they'd be climbing. Then, they climbed out onto the roof.

Once they were on the roof, Flames closed their window.

Plopping themself down in a criss-cross position, Flames looked over their neighborhood.

Seeing nothing unusual or interesting- like usual- Flames turned back to their art supplies and stuff.

First, they grabbed their headphones, putting them on.

Like usual, 'Dead Mom' was the first song to start playing when they pressed shuffle and play.

Flames stared at the phone. Well, it's accurate, I guess.

Listening to their music, Flames placed their sketchbook in front of them.

What to paint... what to paint...

They grabbed a pencil, tapping it against their chin as they thought.

Clouds?

No. I draw that too much.

An animal?

Okay, I can do that.

...what animal?

Flames pursed their lips, before sighing in defeat.

Sea animals?

A bird?

There are so many options.

Flames noticed multiple birds, in a nest, in a tree, in front of them.

Birds it is.

Squinting their eyes at the nest to get a better look at the birds, they figured out what kind of birds they were.

Finches it is.

Flames turned slightly to grab their paintbrush.

As soon as their hand touched it, a cold wind blew over them and everything changed.

Flames' eyes widened as they dropped the paintbrush.

It rolled about an inch away from them.

Flames looked down at themself.

They now wore a blue button down, black pants, a black vest, black boots, and a darker gray hat.

They weren't too annoyed with what they were wearing since they wore stuff like this almost everyday, but they had been wearing black and red before; not blue.

Flames quickly scrambled to get up.

They quickly climbed down from the roof they were now on, entering a room- through an open window- that had a lot of bunk beds in it.

There was only one person in there; a boy.

The boy looked over at them from where he was doing something in a journal. "Hey, Jack." He greeted.

He had a high-pitched voice and white hair, Flames took note of that.

Flames ignored the boy, leaving the room.

They quickly ran to a bathroom.

Flames slammed the bathroom door closed, almost falling down when they ran and tried to skid to a stop in front of a mirror.

They stared at themself in the mirror. Where am I?

504 Words
I'm stressed with myself because this chapter is pretty short too, but I knew this would happen. I just hate when it happens lol
Hope you enjoy!