vientisiete.

(trigger warning: no violence, but a few gruesome details. still nothing too crazy, but be warned.)

Valerie ignored his crass question and kicked the door closed behind them.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She angrily whispered, just his presence made her want to throw up and the blood on his hands showed that he had broken something or someone to gain entry into the home.

Obviously Luca was gone as well.

Without saying a word to me...

KJ brought his eyes slowly up her curvaceous body and smirked, he leaned against the window sill he was perched on with more force; coolly regarding the still blanket covered Valerie.

"Colton told you to be expecting me, didn't he?" He asked, a brow arched on his mischievously glowing face.

"Yes, but not like thi—" Valerie started, but KJ started to tsk in mock disappointment.

"Always expect the unexpected, doll face. It's time to pay up." The man chastely cut her off, cleaning something out of his fingernails before standing to his full height. He wasn't dauntingly tall, but the shadow he cast over Valerie's frame was enough to make her stagger back a bit.

Valerie had no cash assets and the money Luca supplies her with was on his own card. She couldn't just drag the very suspicious and tattooed covered KJ to the nearest ATM regardless.

But then, her diamond ring and earrings flashed in her head.

She willed the feelings of last night that came with them away.

The humiliation making her sick to her stomach and her eyes sting with embarrassed tears. She still couldn't believe her... her fiancé.

"I have the money, but it'll come in jewels." She told KJ, and he shrugged, going back to his seat on the window. "But first, let me speak to Nicki."

This caused the man to laugh as he shook his head, when he met Valerie's quickly paling face he smiled. "You don't check your phone, do you?"

The silence over the room was his answer, causing him to laugh harder as Valerie sprinted out of the room in runaway princess fashion, her duvet flying behind her as she was still trying to cover herself. She threw the door open to Luca's bedroom and dove straight into her purse, pulling out the small flip phone KJ had given her what feels like years ago.

There were three pictures sent to her in the last hour. Each one more gruesome than the last.

The first one was of Nicki... or at least it had to be. She was held in a gray padded room, like she was in an insane asylum of some sort. The walls of the room were filthy, brown stains streaked most of the surface area. It scared her when she thought the most cleanly thing that could be on the walls and that color would be dried blood.

Nicki's brunette blonde streaked hair was filthy and she hung her head over her in her lap, her arms restrained behind her back in the chair she was in. A single glass of water near her feet, but it's not like she could reach for it herself.

The second one was more clearly her friend, or at least what was left of her. It pictured her at a table in the same featureless room as she ate a translucent bowl of some kind of broth. Nicki's face was gaunt and gray, tear streaked as well. Her hair was covering her eyes, but Valerie knew if she was able to see them it'd break her.

The third and last final picture made Valerie drop the phone all together. It's clatter to the ground mirroring the feeling of Valerie's heart cracking into pieces.