19 ◦❀◦ Men Are Wolves

I sort of... forgot... to... update???

Sorry. I thought this chapter was already published. No wonder there were no votes and comments in the past few days. I thought people stopped reading this story 😭

Here it is! I'll update tomorrow too. ❤

Check the prologue for the map of Sydrian Ocean and Leviche Empire.

Enjoy!

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

They had to spend another day for Lizzie to recuperate and was once more checked by the doctor that it was safe for the youngest Norvillon to travel.

The investigation reached nothing but the common knowledge that the breeding season for Gibworms had passed and that they were usually left alone for they are generally harmless. It was just unfortunate that one bred late and wandered close to the border.

While officers rattled in fear for answers why Lizzie was taken, the duke was waiting behind his desk, expecting answers.

But Lizzie wondered to herself why she was in such position—sitting on his lap, and drawing pictures, as he scrutinized at the knights with his passive, yet cruelly aggressive gaze. "Then, only that?"

Just let them go. She thought. The youngest of the knights looked like he was about to pee. Just let me go, too.

Lizzie, who could not take the torture for the knights any longer, raised her poorly outlined yet richly colored drawing. "Papa~ Papa." She showed the paper of sickening yellow. "This is Lizzie." She pointed to a circle with the same color. "This is a worm egg."

A small wicked smile played on his lips looking at her drawing, then passed to the officer who accepted it with both trembling hands and an angled bow like it was a national treasure.

"The beast mistook her as its egg," the duke stated. "Even a child understood."

No, I'm pretending that I don't.

Only then the gathered knights understood looking at her drawing. Their eyes shifted back to Lizzie, then the paper, and back to the youngest Norvillon. Each passing moment, their growing sparkles of adoration choked her.

"As expected of my lady," the youngest-looking knight even whispered.

Unknown to her, it was the first rumor among the many about the (misunderstood) brilliance of Lizzie of the North.

And Lizzie for some reason felt the disappointment same with the duke. Isn't it at least something fort knights should know? Or is it because such an occurrence happened for the first time?

The Duke then informed the knights that a reeducation course will be arranged for a month, and all knights are to attend lectures by a monster scholar brought from Nordis. It would be for all the strongholds. Additional training hours were added too.

After the knights left, Erdan was granted audience next.

"Your Grace," he formally greeted.

"Were the preparations complete?"

"Yes."

Lizzie long gave up on being freed from the duke's lap. She drew him instead, as horribly as she could, and giggled to herself.